Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I remove the HICAS Vanes in PS pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I remove the HICAS Vanes in PS pump?

Hey everyone, I just installed my HICAS lock bar so I now have the two lines going down the length of the car and being plugged at the solenoid junction about a foot inf ront of rear CV axle. I know this setup is bad for the PS pump because its trying to pump fluid that isnt going anywhere, so im wanting to remove the HICAS Vanes from the PS pump. I saw a forum on how to do it earlier today and it was great, but its gone now Does anyone know how to remove the PS pump and remove the back plate and pull out the vanes? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have to do everything tomorrow and have it done for Monday :P

Regards

All I did was delete all HICAS bits and had the pump secondary stage feed my cooler and back into the rack. I think there's a DIY on SAU for what you want. That's where I go for the serious info.
    Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
    Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
    Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
    Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
    White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
    lol

Comment

Whats SAU?

Comment

for beginners and intermediate stuff, you can also have a look at my site: www.skyline-life.blogspot.com

on the right hand side of the screen, under the heading How-To
        The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

Originally posted by GTRSOAR View Post
          Whats SAU?
          A place where you get info when GTRC doesn't have it. If there's a place that does, it's usually SAU.
          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Hey everyone, ok so update. In the end i decided not to touch my PS pump because it would be WAY easier to just loop the lines so the HICAS fluid now just goes in a small loop in the engine bay. On the solenoid there are four lines going in, two of them go down the length of the car to HICAS and the other two are the ones I will loop tomorrow. First pic is the HICAS bar, 2nd pic is the solenoid and 3rd pic shows the two ends that I will be looping with pipe and fitting tomorrow. Thoughts?

Comment

nice exhaust.

I've never looped the lines before, tho i think that should be okay. All I know is that you cant block em off without pulling the fins out of the secondary pump.

That job is super easy tho.

To do it, you need to remove the backing plate off the hicas P/S pump. once its off, use a magnetic telescope or whatever you have around with a magnet on it. Pull out the little blades, put the backing plate back on. Take off the banjo fittings and mig them shut and your done. lots cleaner. Less piping to have in the engine bay. Less lines to have leak in the future. You can just cut off the one return on the reservoir and I usually throw in a small 10mm bolt in there and mig around it. Its about a hr job with the welding. 15 min job to delete the rear pump.
              ALLEN PETERSEN
              Number (604) 961-2449
              4XTOYS/ Lower Mainland Skyline Service and aftermarket RB parts.
              RB30`s for sale!

Comment

Ya see with that plan id have to take the PS steering pump off the car, take IT apart, do welding, plugging, removing ect = super messy. Id muck it up for sure. This way its a simple joint connection and its all done. Im using proper high-rated hose and hydraulic claps so they're will be no leakage

Comment

15 mins VS. a day :P

Comment

K so update: Lines have been looped and car runs amazing, car feels much more peppy (from the -45lbs?) and the steering wheel is much lighter. I think the feel of the wheel is mainly because im used to the pump trying to force fluid to a dead end and it bogged it down but hey, i love it.

-45LBS of ********

Here is a pic of the clamp and the hose going down to the flare end I showed in my last picture of my last post. Other end if clamped like this one using factory clamps (The best)

Comment

Can I buy your 2 hicas lines please?
                      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

PM me which ones you need

Comment

Working...
                        X