Aftermarket Motor Mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Motor Mounts

So I've been looking for some motor mounts for my car. One of my stock ones broke when I pulled the motor out last time, and nismo ones look EXACTLY like stock.

Does anyone make polyurethane ones? If I just make solid ones, is it going to break stuff?
    1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
    2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
    2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Nismo look the same as stock, but they are not.
    1989 Skyline GTR

"Want to Race? Save it for the track!"
    www.victoriamotorsports.ca

Comment

i installed nismo mounts on my car last year, they look the same, feel the same, and drive the same........saw no difference. at all!!!
      Being built...

Comment

From what I understand, Nismo engine mounts are hardened rubber. Stock are normal automotive rubber (softer).

If use poly bushes in arms, etc, make sure you grease them, as without enough grease the rod part can seize and rip the bush apart (learnt this the hard way).

Another way is fitting a engine damper to top of engine that helps with shifting, etc (stops engine rocking on engine mounts, which is a problem with SR20DET in Silvia's when shifting) -

or

Last edited by Skym; 03-18-2011, 05:11 PM.
        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Little off topic but where. An I get the bracketry for that? I have the damper just don't have the needed brackets to mount!
          Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

^Yes you do it's in the box the damper was in when you left!
            aww crap, did you see that!

Comment

I have had solid mounts in other cars and I like them. You hear a bit more engine noise, but it's a good noise, like a sewing maching. You can also hear detination a touch quicker as well.

I will be making a set of solid mounts whenever I get a chance (no-one makes them), they are a great way to take the stress off your CV joints and the crossmember looks strong enough to handle it.

You can also fab up a solid strut bar to tie into the top of the motor for the ultimate in control.

For poly mounts, you could try WhiteLine in Aus. I didn't see any the last time I was on there but if you request them and get the guys on SkylineAus. to bug them too they might find justification to start production. Are the mounts the same across the R32-34 line, GTR GTS-T?

Edit: I looked at the pics of the damper on Skyms link. The bracket that mounts to the engine is useless, it would flex. If you have mounts that are starting to get a little worn out I could see that bracket breaking right off at the spot it mounts to the engine from the cracks that would develope from all the flexing.

Jon.
              Last edited by Dragon Humper; 03-19-2011, 05:54 AM.
              Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Humper View Post
                Edit: I looked at the pics of the damper on Skyms link. The bracket that mounts to the engine is useless, it would flex. If you have mounts that are starting to get a little worn out I could see that bracket breaking right off at the spot it mounts to the engine from the cracks that would develope from all the flexing.

Jon.
                i disagree with that because i bought nismo mounts and didnt see improvement, and then i bought that exact same engine torque damper and i thats when i saw a difference.
                Being built...

Comment

Who makes a damper for r32 gtrs?
                  Proud owner of the 2nd Skyline and the only GTR on the island!

Boost@14PSI, YellowJacket Coils, Extreme TSC, Full Nismo N1 Bodykit, Greddy Speed Cut Controller, HKS Turbo Timer, 280LPH Denso Fuel Pump, Nismo Slave Cylinder, AMS BOVs, Nismo Clutch Pivot, ACT Xtreme 6 Puck and HDPP, Greddy Panel Filter

Comment

Originally posted by allwheeldrifter View Post
                    i disagree with that because i bought nismo mounts and didnt see improvement, and then i bought that exact same engine torque damper and i thats when i saw a difference.
                    Oh sure, for a while. Unless your engine bracket has triangulated mounting points and not just the one point I saw in those pics, trust me, it's flexing.

Jon.
                    Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

well, I think I'm gonna make some. They're pretty simple.

Go go gadget hockey pucks.
                      1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag

Comment

LOL.........nice. Just like the good old days of the 4" puck lift in all the 4x4s in high school.

If you do it, post some picks, should work pretty good if the studs aren't staggard (haven't seen a pick of a mount in a while, can't remember if they are above one another or not).

Jon.

Comment

I don't think they are staggered.

our 24 hours of Lemons car we built used hockey puck motor mounts and they worked really well in it!

Comment

Working...
                          X