installation of ARC induction box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installation of ARC induction box

i helped a fellow GTRC member Max-GTR with the installation of his ARC induction box at my place the other day, and we took some pictures

we first removed the old HKS twin mushroom system

it was simpler than taking off the stock air box, since the HKS system only has 2 brackets (the apexi system has 4)

then of course one of the MAF flanges broke off

the old stuff was out

while we were there, we removed the cracked windshield washer fluid reservoir

then the lower support bracket was bolted onto the body

to make it easier to get the box in, both MAF were removed and the rubber intercooler hose also,
    it is really easy to remove the intercooler hose since its long and made of very flexible rubber (compared to an hardpipe with 2 couplers)

afterwards, the MAF were each bolted directly to the box using the inner venturis
    1 hole had to be enlarge by 1/16" since it created some binding with a bolt; with the box beeing made of aluminum it was a simple fix with a step drill

two people are needed for this, since the outer MAF has to be aligned with the box's holes AND the inner venturi, while the other person screws in all 4 bolts

a view of the inside

after that, the forward filter was put back onto the box, and the box was loosely put in place

then the rubber hoses were reconnected to the MAFs,
    the lower MAF's hose took a bit of effort the get it well aligned onto the MAF while tightening the clamp, it took 4 hands for that

finally, the box was bolted (form the inside) to the support bracket underneath as well as to the p/s fluid reservoir bracket

then the intercooler hose was reconnected and the primary filter was placed back on the box

the rest of the engine bay still needs some TLC
    Last edited by frankiman; 04-08-2011, 11:48 PM.
    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

no more windshield washer

865 whp RB32 , R32 GTR , THE LUCKY GTR *SUMMER DRAG BEAST*
    2013 Rams Laramie LongHorn 3500 Crew cab *Daily Driver*

Comment

I have always loved these boxes. Although even close to stock air box this thing is eye catching and very functional. Looks great!
      Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Sick Thread, Thanks for the Help Frank, I really like it,

More To Come!

Comment

That thing is HUGE,
          R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
          http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Working...
          X