Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nightmare transmission shop ruins attesa pump.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nightmare transmission shop ruins attesa pump.

    so I pulled out my transmission and took it for a rebuild (actually replaced it with a shitty unit first but this is a short version) when I installed it they ****** up and there was no reverse so I took the car for them to fix it and pull it themselves this time they did and were going to charge me 600$ for it! but it took them a month so they didn't charge me anything in the end.

    Anyways they let all the fluid drain out of the attesa system and I think it burnt out the pump. If they test drove it with no fluid would it just be the pump? I also drove it two blocks to get it home. Should it be fine if I just replace the pump and bleed it?

    This place is a ******* nightmare they also installed my shifter backwards along with the release bearing when I installed it the first time.

    Called transmission specialist on macloud train just south of anderson
    1994 GTR - 6 Years with this car... damn time flies.
    1998 Subaru V4 STI - Daily/winter beast

  • #2
    Also forgot to say tried just filling it and bleeding it but almost no fluid is coming out and the pump just makes a lot of noise with no flow it. Sorry if this doesn't make sense I am so pissed right now
    1994 GTR - 6 Years with this car... damn time flies.
    1998 Subaru V4 STI - Daily/winter beast

    Comment


    • #3
      Shitty deal man, make them pay through the nose for all the damage.

      Did you notice if the 4WD light was on when going back to you'r place??
      NEPTUNE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS

      Comment


      • #4
        Exactly the reason I dont give my car to shops. Rather do it my self or ask friends to help me.

        Sucks tho man. Hope everything is good mate.
        Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

        GT-R

        O O SKYLINE O O

        Comment


        • #5
          How did they let the fluid drain out of the Attessa system? You shouldn't have to open the Attessa system when removing the transmission.

          Go through the trouble shooting section for Attessa in the R32 manual, should pin point what's wrong.

          Mike

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mikes_ca View Post
            How did they let the fluid drain out of the Attessa system? You shouldn't have to open the Attessa system when removing the transmission.

            Go through the trouble shooting section for Attessa in the R32 manual, should pin point what's wrong.

            Mike
            There is a line from the attesa to the tranmission if you don`t plug it once you take it off all the fluid will drain out and you need to refill it. They didn`t refill it.


            Ya I hate taking my vehicles to shops I do all I can but rebuilding the transmission required too many special tools and was over my head. 4WD light came on when I was about half way home so like two minutes into driving maybe less.
            1994 GTR - 6 Years with this car... damn time flies.
            1998 Subaru V4 STI - Daily/winter beast

            Comment


            • #7
              put fluid in it and bleed it and see. If there is no fluid in it and you drive, the pump will cycle. So fill it up, bleed it and see if its blown.... Might be fine. I also have spare pumps for cheap cheap.
              ALLEN PETERSEN
              Number (604) 961-2449
              4XTOYS/ Lower Mainland Skyline Service and aftermarket RB parts.
              RB30`s for sale!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mikes_ca View Post
                How did they let the fluid drain out of the Attessa system? You shouldn't have to open the Attessa system when removing the transmission.

                Go through the trouble shooting section for Attessa in the R32 manual, should pin point what's wrong.

                Mike
                Never removed a transmission on these cars before huh? What's your trick if you don't lose any atessa fluid mang?
                No build thread.
                1991 nissan
                El terror

                "Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jdms13rhd View Post
                  put fluid in it and bleed it and see. If there is no fluid in it and you drive, the pump will cycle. So fill it up, bleed it and see if its blown.... Might be fine. I also have spare pumps for cheap cheap.
                  I will double check and see if it is the pump for sure tomorrow but I most likely need one. I did put fluid in and tried to bleed it but pump wasn`t pushing anything through the fluid slowly came out later from gravity I assume. The pump no longer even makes any noise and the light comes on right away now.

                  Thanks for the help
                  Nathyne


                  Ohh ya and I used a rubber line with a cap on it just stuck it over the fitting. learned that from a transmission removal in the DIYs
                  1994 GTR - 6 Years with this car... damn time flies.
                  1998 Subaru V4 STI - Daily/winter beast

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X