Deatschwerks fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deatschwerks fuel pump

Has anyone used one of these pumps(DW300)?

According to their website they flow@13.5V - 295 l/hr at 50 psi and 320 l/hr at 40 psi.

They flow less than 044 at higher pressures but considerable more in low pressures, The beat out a walbro the whole way. I'm going to running the aeromotive equivalent on my car and couldn't find much for bad reviews. One guy said it made less max power than a walbro 255 but I believe it came down to a wiring and the new style pump drawing more than the old.

They wont be direct drop in on a GTR as they are the same dimensionally as a walbro 255. I've installed a walbro in GTR and it wasn't very hard so I don't imagine these will be any different.

As another plus these pumps are supposed to be extemely quiet.

Comment

Hmm ya I've heard good things from other people about the pump as well as the aeromotive pump. Well I bought one anyhow I'll let you guys know how it goes in a few weeks.

Comment

how did you get on with the DW pump install??

Comment

Just get a Walbro unless your makin some serious hp. They're cheap and reliable.
          Dang! You got shocks, pegs... Lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Comment

I bought a walbro 255 last year: Last week went to tune my gtr (has I got new cams) and we discovered that my pump wasn't holding its pressure on boost anymore...

So I won't buy another walbro... I'm going with the Denso 280LPH (supra's one)...
            My sky got 99 problems but to find bitches ain't one

Once you go sky; Parts you're going to buy...

Comment

You probably got a chinese knock off walbro.

Comment

I think genuine Walbro fuelpump has W on housing. Also fuelpump is only as good as the voltage you have going to it. At higher rpm voltage can drop to as low as 10volts? vs 13.5volts+ an aftermarket fuelpump needs, so need to rewire fuelpump to get voltage direct from battery via new relay, wiring, etc

Deatschwerks sells the hardwire kit to rewire fuelpump wiring -

Last edited by Skym; 05-14-2012, 08:07 PM.
                RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

probably chinese sh*t as I have wired tue pump all the way to the front. Some says that the gears underneath the pump should be made of metal not in plastic (fake ones)... When I'll be taking it off, I'll check for the ''W'' and the gears.

I bought it on ebay from ''fuel pump usa''... I'll verify with the contact person what the problem could be...

Comment

I can vouch that my walbro 255 was stamped with a W, had WALBRO USA written right below the logo also.

Originally posted by Skym View Post
                    I think genuine Walbro fuelpump has W on housing. Also fuelpump is only as good as the voltage you have going to it. At higher rpm voltage can drop to as low as 10volts? vs 13.5volts+ an aftermarket fuelpump needs, so need to rewire fuelpump to get voltage direct from battery via new relay, wiring, etc
                    I thought it was the opposite? The stock PWM relay would give 10V at low RPM and full (12-13.5V? not 14V from the amp) under high RPM to save the OEM pump life? Mine is wired with the PWM... primes like a mother but the idle is a tad rougher and richer. Also the starts are less smooth. I thought it was a good idea to replace the OEM item (service interval) but the OEM was a trooper in retrospect.

EDIT: Maybe I need to get the ECU in learn mode again? Haven't done it when I got the pumps swapped.
                    Last edited by MarusGTR; 05-14-2012, 08:56 PM.
                    1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

I contacted the seller yesterday... He 's 100% sure it's not a fake one as he buy them direct from Walbro! So I've been unlucky...!? Hoping it won't happen again with the Denso's...

Comment

No seller is going to say they sell fake ones. There not all of a sudden going to come clean.

Anyway, I thought this thread was about the DW pumps :-)

Anyone any input and experience with these pumps on there r32 GTR?

Comment

Walbros are not as good as people say, i had a genuine walbro 255 and it also did exactly as yours! Bought a tomei pump and hardwired it. Works like a charm!

Comment

Update on my ''might b fake'' walbro fuel pump: There's a ''W'' etched on the pump body+the ''made in USA'' and the gears are made of metal, not plastic... So this is a genuine walbro pump!! It means, walbro sucks!

I installed my 280 lph Denso pump last friday. No problem yet...

Comment

Working...
                            X