Skyline misfiring when hot ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skyline misfiring when hot ...

First of all , sorry for my bad english , I'm french but doing my possible ...

The car has been stored till 2 years ...

I bought the car , then I changed ...

Spark plug , every oils (tr case , engine , tranny , diff frt / rr) gas filter , air filter etcc...

At first I had BCPR6ES-11 gapped 0.34 and they told me my misfire was due to this but it wasn't the problem

Second , they told me it was because I had platinum and RB don't like them so I bought BKR7E (copper) gapped to 0.29 and it's still wasn't the problem...

Third , I Just changed my coils for yellow jacket one , and the problem still persist !

So now , what could I do ?

Note: The problem only appears when the engine is hot , when the engine is cool , there is no problem.

Thanks !

Ya my engine does the same thing purrs when cold but misses when hot I'm not too concerned about it though cause it's running perfectly otherwise. But sorry no solution from me

Comment

to start off the gap is too small.....

.3mm? or .3"? spark is too short and .8mm is ideal i guess? wait .3" is .7-8mm

try swapping with ignitors if u can source one out or something

2 types misfire...ignition n fuel
      Last edited by markc32; 06-08-2011, 11:29 PM.
      Toy: BNR32
      DD: R50

Comment

Very simple but expensive. Replace your Ignitor. it's the silver rectangular thing on the back of your coil cover.
        You can also check for codes from the ecu. I can't remember the number but it will tell you if there is an ignition system fault.
        They are about $600 new or any reasonable person sells them used for under $100.00
        You can also convert over to a Z32 ignitor for much less money.

Comment

When you say hot, do you mean the engine is hot or that the air outside is hot? I find whenever my car sits in the hot sun for a few hours and I go to start it it will start and die instantly... Then I try again and give it gas and its fine?

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
            Very simple but expensive. Replace your Ignitor. it's the silver rectangular thing on the back of your coil cover.
            In what world do you live in where the ignitor is rectangular!?
            R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
            http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

I had problems with my truck (see signiture) on hot days. The heat from the engine would "boil" the fuel in my holley double pumper and fuel vapor would leak in the cylinders and flood the bastard. So meaby for your guys it could be related?

Edit: Not for OP do... but it sounds like electrical. Heat activated = electrical usually
              Last edited by GTRADDICT; 06-09-2011, 09:48 AM.
              03 lancer dead
              68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
              05 chevy silverado L33
              2010 crv Wife's ride
              1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCaporaL View Post
                In what world do you live in where the ignitor is rectangular!?
                It does not have 4 sides of equal length but still has four corners that are right angles. That is a basic rectangle.
                Perhaps pictures will be easier for you to understand?

RHDJapan offers the best quality performance parts made in Japan including Nismo, Mugen, Defi, Spoon, Cusco, Tomei, HKS and other JDM brands.

I had the same problem. Progressed to completely dropping #5 cylinder. Tried a friends, problem solved. Bought another one for $75 and the car has been perfect ever since.
                I believe there is a test for it but you need an oscilliscope if memory serves.
                Last edited by bobbo; 06-09-2011, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Haha I was just kidding. :P
                  R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                  http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Now I'm assuming the z32 igniter does not bolt right on in place of the original does anyone know of a write up for this conversion?

Comment

^ wondering the same thing
                      “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

nvm

“Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

And when the engine is hot , it's misfiring ! It is also misfiring when air cold but it's longer !

Comment

Lol thanks caliber guess I'm just lazy

Comment

Jacked an ignitor off the 300zx parts engine in my class for free, I'm gonna try it and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X