4wd light on and not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4wd light on and not working

just got a 1992 gtr and the 4wd light is on. the 4wd also doesnt work. i checked the fuse and its good. just really not sure what else to look at. i searched a bit and couldnt really find a whole lot.
    1992 Nissan Skyline GTR
    2003 GMC Sierra SLT
    1972 Datsun 510

Check the ETS unit in the trunk, under the parcel shelf, it should give you a fault code if the 4WD light is on. The LED will flash, just count.

The code chart is in the service manual, page CH-67.
    R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Check reservoir in trunk for proper fluid level. Then try bleeding it
      GTRC-OG

Comment

I have the same problem right now. I am going to check the awd brain for some more info. What do all the codes mean?

Also if you go to the search button and type in attessa bleed or bleed attessa, there is a guy on here Allen and he wrote a very nice do it yourself process on here. It was a little confusing at first but once looking at everything and finding all the stuff it was easy
        Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Note that you need to check the reservoir fluid level while ignition is in the "ON" position. If the car has been sitting for too long the fluid flows back into the tank and it will show higher than it actually is.

Here are the codes:

EDIT: Here are the manual bleeding procedures as well.

Last edited by DarkCaporaL; 07-12-2011, 05:53 PM.
          R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
          http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

ok great. thanks guys. im gonna have a look at this stuff tomorrow. i also had a friend take a quick look at it and he said my pump isnt priming when the key is flicked forward... he said i should be able to turn the key to on without starting and hear it prime/run like a fuel pump.
            1992 Nissan Skyline GTR
            2003 GMC Sierra SLT
            1972 Datsun 510

Comment

Working...
            X