Help with Apexi Power FC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Apexi Power FC

Can anyone tell me how to unlock this ECU ?

I bought the software, and when we hooked up the laptop to the ECU we got a message saying it was locked ?

I have read in other forums in Australia that it is not a password, it is simply locked. They said I would be able to unlock it with the hand held unit, unfortunately I did not get it with my car. I would like to know if this will work before I buy a new one.

Any ideas ?

With power fc's you can lock it and take the controller away (stops ppl messing with ur ecu) for example: I took my car to a tire shop to get tires put on and a alignment done, I didn't want some punk who works there to take my car for a spirited rip so I set the ecu to not allow the car to go over 3500 rpm then took out controller so no changes could be made. Long story short if ya get the hand held you should be able to unlock it and use your ecu. Not 100% sure that's how it was locked but that how I locked mine when I had it.

Comment

Here's a link I found when I first got mine, it should have everything you need. I'm pretty sure you just need a handheld as mentionned previously.

http://paulr33.com/powerfc-faq/powerfc-faq.htm

Comment

Thanks guys

I am going to get a commander, just have to make sure it is compatible with my ECU based on age of the Power FC, or so I think ?

Comment

I have a 415-n001

Comment

that for the newer version correct ?

My serial no. is a PFC GTR33

Comment

really not certain,,, bought it for my Apexi l-jetro on my 95 r33 gtr ,,, not compatible...

Comment

it was not compatible with your ECU ? was the commander freezing on the logo screen ?

that model of commander will only work with the PFC GTR33 serial number

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, I bought a used commander for $200

The commander to go with the ECU's with serial number - PFC GTR33 is the newer version, the 415-X001 or PCC3

Comment

Working...
                  X