r32 gtr bov question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• r32 gtr bov question

so pretty much i wanna know if i need 2 or one bov for my r32 gtr ive heard 2 because the 2 turbos but also have heard you can use one? is there anything bad or what are the negatives and possitives of using one or 2?
    (0=0)_____(0=0)
    1991 BNR32GTR

Originally posted by 91BNR32GTR View Post
    so pretty much i wanna know if i need 2 or one bov for my r32 gtr ive heard 2 because the 2 turbos but also have heard you can use one? is there anything bad or what are the negatives and possitives of using one or 2?
    You can use one, but depending on your setup, you will have to block off where your original BOV's were. Of course, you can also use two, but that generally is reserved for cars that are being run with a LOT of boost and need to release the excess pressure rapidly.

Take a look at what other setups are on this site. There is a ton of good info. I personally have converted to single turbo and only use one - it's all I need. Good luck.

Comment

Like 272 said.....really depends on your set up and if you are basically stock then there is no point to upgrading the stock setup unless you are looking just for the sound of it. The stock bovs can handle a decent amount of hp (around 400hp? correct me if im wrong)
      They are few inovators, but many followers....

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_fantasy View Post
        Like 272 said.....really depends on your set up and if you are basically stock then there is no point to upgrading the stock setup unless you are looking just for the sound of it. The stock bovs can handle a decent amount of hp (around 400hp? correct me if im wrong)
        ya i just want the sound and eventually i will b getting a brand new set up next spring about 400HP ill b pushing so mays well get bovs at a good deal while i can lol
        (0=0)_____(0=0)
        1991 BNR32GTR

Comment

im just running one turbo smart bov with the 2860's and there no compressor flutter and saves you buying another bov
          93 laser sold
          91 skyline gtst totaled
          92 skyline gtr current

Comment

im asking the same question. im looking for the sound but future would like more power, just wondering how easy/hard it is to install?

Comment

The stock valves are better than any aftermarket valve. They'll handle any power you can throw at them. Plus they sound better than anything aftermarket.

Comment

Originally posted by DreadedFist View Post
                The stock valves are better than any aftermarket valve. They'll handle any power you can throw at them. Plus they sound better than anything aftermarket.
                ur right they sound good i just wish they where louder.
                (0=0)_____(0=0)
                1991 BNR32GTR

Comment

Run more boost and u get more sound, Standard is best.

Comment

I assume your not running the stock ECU or MAF's ? Or your going to have fuel metering problems. I thought I'd just cover that base incase it was over looked.
                    " Using Fast and Honda in the same sentence is an Oxymoron "

Comment

Originally posted by MR666 View Post
                      I assume your not running the stock ECU or MAF's ? Or your going to have fuel metering problems. I thought I'd just cover that base incase it was over looked.

i have a mines ecu and im pretty sure there 300zx maf's
                      (0=0)_____(0=0)
                      1991 BNR32GTR

Comment

I did a single BOV conversion too, very simple. I just cut the aluminum housing so it flows better and welded on a scrap peice of alumnum for the cap.

Comment

Working...
                        X