Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Maf Cleaning RB26

Hey everyone,

if you are suffering the same problems i was having, you might want to take some time and do what i did. Cleaning out the mafs help me fix my idle problem and random stalls. i have a thread on this this site explaining what my problem was (new symptoms and stalls) and after some advice from others i cleaned out my mafs and car runs great. I was trying to look for some step by steps on cleaning out maf but couldn't really find it on this site. So i'm going to post my step by step with some photos.

Tools:
    Rachet and sockets (4mm, 8mm and 10mm)
    Maf Cleaner (CRC or GUNK <-- Availble at Crappy tire)
    adjustable wrench
    Flat head screw driver
    Rubber Gloves

Time Required
    30 mins - 1 hour

1) i disconnected the negative terminal. (helps reset the ECU)

2) unplug the connectors to the maf

3) using a 8mm rachet and adjustable, took the filters off the brackets. Also using a 4mm socket i loosened the clamps holding the hose to the maf.

4) carefully pulled the maf and filters off the hose. make sure you don't drop it, the maf is very sensitive and you will damage it if you drop them. (i was told)

5)Cover the hose in the car and close the hood. i prep the rest inside where i had A/C lol

6) using the 8mm socket, i seperated the filter neck to the maf. you can see that the maf needs major cleaning when i ran my fingers pass the meshing

7)took the maf outside and began to spray it down with the cleaner. i sprayed both the meshing and sensor inside. You can be very generous with the cleaner, i used almost the whole bottle for both mafs. I also took off the O ring and sprayed that too. You can see from the pic below how much build up there was on the paper bag on the ground. That was inside the maf sensor and mesh. (SOOO dirty!)

8)Now just let it air dry (won't take long because it's alcohol) and reassemble everything. put the filter on the maf, put the maf to the hose and clamp tight, plug the sensor and remember to reconnect the negative terminal back on.

Hope this helps you out!
    Godzilla - 哥斯拉 - ゴジラ - گودزیلا - Годзилла - גודזילה

O O SKYLINE O O

Great diy man. Im happy you got her back and running healthy.
    Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

vote to sticky in gtr tech section

Comment

Originally posted by nimblestix View Post
        vote to sticky in gtr tech section
        I agree, it is a good guide for a task we will all likely have to perform sooner or later.
        1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Originally posted by aN4rk1
        Like frig, is it really that hard to spell properly on the "internetz"?? I don't know whether these guys just choose to spell like that or don't know HOW to spell...either way...WTF?

Comment

nice loved it. easy and quick.
          you should data log it or go on a dyno see the results
          Last edited by clone; 08-03-2011, 02:05 PM.
          1993 GTR
          1992 GTS-T Type - M (Sold)

Comment

why so dirty?

Comment

Where did you find the MAS cleaner???

Comment

Says Canadian tire in the post mate
                Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

I got it at canadian tire. You can get Crc maf cleaner from napa too.
                  Godzilla - 哥斯拉 - ゴジラ - گودزیلا - Годзилла - גודזילה

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Working...
                  X