What are these bolts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are these bolts?

I bought a gtr a almost 2 years ago without and engine, found a blown engine right away(blown) and rebuilt it. I removed this bolt but cannot find any place where is seems to go. I know somewhere on the front of the engine. This is the big bolt that I'm talking about.

Now the smaller 12mm head fancy bolt and the nice machined(thick) washer I did not remove. It came in a box of bolts with the car. The only place they seem to go is to hold the coil packs in place. I can't figure out where the specail washers go either? Any help would be great. Here is a better pic of the bolt and washer.

the second bolt looks like the bolts that hold the engine loom to the block inbetween the intake plenum. My rb20 has those bolts along the a bracket that is round shaped to hold the loom in place.
    Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

the second bolt looks like a clutch pressure plate bolt, i remember they are relatively short with thick washer and are 12mm

Comment

Oh sorry guys, I have 6 of the smaller bolts and washers. The smaller bolts also are not threaded all the way, they have a sholder. I only have 1 big bolt.

Comment

Cool; I bought a g-max twin plate, so that's what their for. I bough a blown engine in a box, my car just came with a box of bolts.

Comment

that odd looking bolt on the left is not an OEM bolt. I've removed every single bolt there is for a GTR and it's not one of them.
            1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
            2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
            2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Yeah I can't remember if I took it off the engine or not. The thing is I have two of them now. I bought a pretty complete blown engine and I have boxes of engine parts and bolts from the gtr I bought. The gtr I bought already had the engine out and gone, just boxes of parts. One bolt came in the boxes of parts and one may have come off the blown engine I bought???

Anyway the engine is now in and running and there is no possible place for that bolt to go. It will drive me crazy until I find where that bold came from, cause now I have two.

Comment

The only place I can see that big bolt coming from would be the harmonic balancer/damper. I have also torn it apart from top to bottom and there is no bolt that fits that description minus the previously quoted one. The second one could be a loom but I am seriously doubting that it is clutch bolts.
                Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

That large bolt looks like an oil drain bolt from a troybuilt garden tractor from canadian tire (I'M NOT JOKING)

Comment

Working...
                  X