Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many hours to remove an put in a RB26?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many hours to remove an put in a RB26?

buying a gtr with a seized motor. I think the fastest fix is swap in a working motor.
    put in a new oil pump and timing kit.

How many hours do you figure?
    I found a shop for $60hr
    1993 GTR
    1992 GTS-T Type - M (Sold)

A job like that usually isn't quoted by the hour, most shops in BC with experience charge $1450 and up plus tax to remove and install. I strongly suggest you address the Following deficiencies of the RB26 and upgrade things like all the heater hoses and vacuum hoses $200,oil pump $250(upgrade reimax gears add $450) Tomei oil pan baffle $175 all while the motor is out. It will be extremely easy even if you aren't mechanically inclined and will save you extreme headaches further down the road if any of these parts fail (I'm mainly speaking about the stupid heater hoses under the plenum and behind the head that are prone to splitting and leaking) depending on your budget and you know how you could refresh the bottom end with new bearings really cheap to.

You live in Ontario and I know there are a lot of experienced skyline owners there maybe one of them could help you for cash, that way you learn at the same time and your money is possibly helping out a gtrc member.
    "LAG is the time the guy beside you thought he won"

Comment

Wish this was a month ago. I could have helped you out with everything man. Unfortunately im getting out of everything
      Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Dynamotorsports.ca

All you need^
        R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
        Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

Comment

You can get a used motor and pay big dollars for the engine/install and have it start knocking. Every ebay engine for the early r32 will have the same oil pump drive problem. You need to replace the crankshaft or add a crankshaft collar with either an r33 or r34. I've seen two people now that bought used engines thinking for around $3500 have it bought and installed. One was 2 weeks later and the other guy was 2 months later, both had the same bottom end knock.

buy a blown one or one that had already been rebuilt with the proper crank or crank collar added. Huge waste of money to buy a used rb26. It will be pulled out again. I mean you can always take a chance but taking a chance will end up costing over $6000. That's just my 2 cents on helping out with an engine install. I did not want to do it again after the first engine only working for 2 weeks.

Comment

straight re and re should be about $1500-$2000 @ $90/hr. Just a piece of mind from experiance. I'd rather pay more to a reputable shop than to cheap out especially when I'm dropping a motor in. Last time I cheaped out my sti my car didn't start and we spent days on end figuring out why and we brought it to a reputable shop and it was 1 hr later done. didn't even get to hear the beast crank over =(. But like Evilgtr says, since everything's coming out you mine as well do all the necessities now if your budget allows so you won't have to do this again later on. lol, but be ready to drop some serious cash.
            Last edited by blkgtr02; 09-06-2011, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Pull it yourself! it's very simple...
              Dang! You got shocks, pegs... Lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Comment

Be a man. Do it yourself.
                GTRC-OG

Comment

Easy way. Mark all lines to know which came from where. Ecu harness super simple only one place for everything. Get ur self a gtr manual or check out skylife there's a really in depth write up about engine removal and install

Comment

bare minimum clean everything. too many people drop dirty engines into dirty bays.
                    this goes for DIY and garages.

Comment

Working...
                    X