Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help plz. whats the name of this part in the picture???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help plz. whats the name of this part in the picture???

hi guys, i got a quick question
    in this picture i circled the part that i need to know what it is and the arrow that i made is the hose that i'm missing on my car.
    just wondering why there is no hose on mine.
    if anyone could help that would be great.
    thanks
    Last edited by v8-killer; 09-08-2011, 01:08 AM.

Boost solenoid. It keeps your boost at .8 bar (I think) or 1.0 bar with the restrictor removed. Mine were removed from the solenoid And plugged when my car arrived. I plugged them back in. Until I unplugged the whole car numerous times.
    Dang! You got shocks, pegs... Lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Comment

But holy Jesus. With an engine bay like that you'd think there would be an aftermarket boost controller. Are you sure that thing is connected to anything at all?
      Dang! You got shocks, pegs... Lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Comment

lol thats not my engine bay its a google picture that i found.
        perfect
        thanks alot dude
        now i found the problem
        somehow this hose has been removed and my car cant pass 5 psi and it starts to lean after that
        so now i know that could be the problem
        thnx again
        Last edited by v8-killer; 09-08-2011, 01:35 AM.

Comment

oh but does it limit the boost even if i have power FC?

Comment

Originally posted by v8-killer View Post
            oh but does it limit the boost even if i have power FC?
            Only a boost controller can control boost.
            03 lancer dead
            68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
            05 chevy silverado L33
            2010 crv Wife's ride
            1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

if only 1 hose is plugged into the selenoid, and the selenoid's connector isn't plugged in, find that other hose(coming from under the intake manifold) and connect both hoses together directly

if the selenoid connector is plugged in, then again find that 2nd hose and plug it back into the selenoid

usually, both hoses that go to the selenoid are zip-tied together from the block to the selenoid
              sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Originally posted by frankiman View Post
                if only 1 hose is plugged into the selenoid, and the selenoid's connector isn't plugged in, find that other hose(coming from under the intake manifold) and connect both hoses together directly

if the selenoid connector is plugged in, then again find that 2nd hose and plug it back into the selenoid

usually, both hoses that go to the selenoid are zip-tied together from the block to the selenoid
                i just went and checked. there is only 1 hose that i found under the intake manifold. there is another hose that goes to the BOV part. i cant find the hose that's missing.
                Last edited by v8-killer; 09-08-2011, 03:00 PM.

Comment

I was told that's not being used anymore. the boost solenoid is just for the stock turbos. Now i have single turbo and external wastegate. Is that true?

Comment

Working...
                  X