What should I get? Mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I get? Mods?

I have a 90 GTR 85,xxxkm (engine from a 97 gtr) it has a few things done to it already, apexi air kit, nismo s-tune suspension, bunch of other nismo parts ie. control arms, tension rods etc. front and rear strut bar, apexi exhaust, apexi downpipe, adjustable cams. maybe other little parts.

its my street summer toy. next spring i want to get it tuned.

Just wondering on what you guys would recomend would be a next mod. id like to take it to the track next spring, we will see. im open to any options. if you can list the mod, pros/cons and approx price.

Thanks

I know it is not something that will boost your hp at all but if I were in your position I would grab a oil cooler and relocation kit as well as some coil packs. These would be great as the oil filter is a pin in the ass to change and the coilpacks have a tendency to go as well. The oil cooler is just to help with some temps and keep your car cooler so when you do lay into it then it does have some help
    Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

You could always swap in some new turbo's, maybe N1's and a boost controller. Turn up the boost a bit, set up so far sounds like it could take a little more abuse
      R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
      Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

Comment

Don't forget about brakes! At the very least, change the pads, use DOT 4 brake fluid, and get some stainless braided brake hose. Stock drilled rotors have a tendency to crack, therefore the least you can do is upgrade them to N1 rotors.

Comment

Replace EVERYTHING thats 21 years old and sh1tty. (the not so fun maintenance stuff, bushings, endlinks, brake pads, fluids, ect ect) TTrust me, while it wont sound as fun as putting more shiny parts on, the car will be waaaaay better to drive and you will enjoy it more
          Jordie Lewis
          1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

ok thanks, any other ideas feel free to share!

Comment

Working...
            X