What headlight do I have??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What headlight do I have??

Hey everyone, I was putting in some HID's I bought as H3's because thats that the GTR projector is and I take off the backing and this is what I find.... The first picture is what i have and the second picture is what a normal GTR projector looks like. So two questions:

- What is this headlight/what bulb type does it take.
    - Is there anyway to buy the H3 adaptor and remove those two screws and swap is with mine.

Thanks in advance for all/any help

I have the same headlights as you. Its just a different style and use an adaptor to fit the H1 bulb. I bought H1 HIDs. You have to mod the adaptor to get the HIDs to fit and stay snug. I had a DIY saved for just this but my comp crashed and I lost it. Im sure if you search google it will come up tho.

Both headlights are normal. Just different styles.
    Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Damn, see the thing is ive already bought my H3 HID kit Thats why im trying to find the H3 adapter instead of the H1.

Comment

89-90 I believe came with the h3c bulb and the newer projectors came with h1 adaptors. Looks like you should beable to just switch the back plate out for the h3 style.
        They are few inovators, but many followers....

Comment

I had the h3c's projectors. H3 bulbs fit but since they only have one wire coming off them (body grounds them) you must make a ground. I just attached a piece of wire to one of the screws that holds the bulb adapter, Then male connector on other end of wire to go into harness. i can take a pic later if needed

Comment

really? I didn't have to make any extra ground for my h3 hid lights....everything was there and pluged right up.
            They are few inovators, but many followers....

Comment

Yes please send a picture, im still trying to find the H3 adapter pieces

Comment

K I'll head to my car today and snap a pic

Comment

Working...
                X