A question as this is something new to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question as this is something new to me

On the rb26 there has been lots of talk of the intake manifold creating a lean out for a specified cylinder usually in resulting in the 6th cylinder getting to much air flow creating some problems. Now I was farting around watching some Japanese drag racing on YouTube and this has caught my eye and would like some further explanation if anyone can help. 4:10 into this video you can see what I am talking about, it's the zenitani drag-r Gtr that really goes well but it has something I have seen before.... It has a intake manifold that manages the first 3 cylinders and then the second intake manifold managing the back three cylinders. This makes alot of sense in my mind to do it this way and yes this would need a fair amount of custom work but I would like to know if people find this to be an extremely useful thing or not as I have only ever seen it done on this Gtr.

Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

nice setup, still using the stock itbs for each manifold,
    i wonder if each turbo piping is seperated from turbo to intake, or it still merges in the intercooler, and splits out of it

and much LOL at 7;45 !

i don't get why they don't use sequential gearboxes though..
    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

I think it would still stay seperate. They have that option. I like how they find it funny when something breaks. It's like they don't care. And they snap axles like no ones business.

Comment

I'd make it merge at the intercooler because I wouldn't want to disturb the engine's energetic equilibrium. I'm just thinking that if there's conditions that aren't equally present in both turbos (which I assume is a real-world possibility) that a split intake would have an effect in the induction process, e.g. you'd get 3 cylinders with slighly more response or pressure. But then again, the use of a wastegate, BOV and the piping itself would probably dampen any negative effects...

This is just pure speculation, but I just wouldn't want to have to add a new intake/exhaust variable to the engine's well being.

Edit: *sigh* I wish I had skills, money, etc... thanks for the vid.
        Last edited by MarusGTR; 11-15-2011, 08:40 PM.
        1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

oh hai!

Comment

^wow that was interesting..... I didn't think I would see almost the exact same thread.

And no problem for the vid. In a couple years expect to see many r32 gtrs reach this level. Austrailia and Japan have them for their hole life. Once the price of them goes down just watch how many get built and dragged with full cage and drivers seat only.

Comment

sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Nothing to say about the set up...But my shifter melted off on me too just after getting the damn car, Luckily I was just getting off the 401. Must of go to hot or something. The rubber in the shifter was goop.
                Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Working...
                X