Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Fuel Ratio Of GT-Rs

Hello guys!

For those who have some kind of A/F gauge or monitor from AEM, Innovate, Blitz, HKS, etc. What does your A/F read at idle, cruise, and WOT? And for the gurus out there, what should be the normal A/F ratio of the RB26 at idle, cruise, and WOT?

Thanks!

15 idle
    12 wot
    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Originally posted by frankiman View Post
      15 idle
      12 wot
      I guess you never cruise... lool

If I remember right, RB26 cruising would be in between the 12-15. Your always fluctuating the gas. Never seen that on my own, but a friends.
      Attached Files
      Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

When just cruising; 12-15

when i punch it, it drops; 9-12? i cant remeber exactly.

Comment

i cruise at 14,5 cuz i have steady footzor

it should never go lower than 10,5
          too much full and you wash the oil off the cylinder wall, create too much heat from friction and damage ****
          sigpic

Comment

does anyone have pics of there AFR's logged on a map???

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Nice graph bro. Anyways, anyone knows what is the Nissan set A/F ratio on idle, cruise, and WOT for the GT-Rs?

Comment

I'm about 14.6:1 at idle and similar cruising, and about 11.8-11.9:1 under full boost at WOT. Using a Innovate LC-1 wideband and running a Blitz Access tuned ECU with stock turbos @ 15 PSI.

Comment

The A/F ratio varies depending on what cell ECU is looking at on fuel map. The above dyno graph is the WOT run where it runs across multiple cells when going from left to right of fuel map on stock ECU.

Stock GTR = 14.7:1 is as lean as it can go at idle and 10.7:1 is richest at WOT. But idle, cruise A/F ratio is affected by o2 sensor, so might be leaner or richer at idle, cruise.
                    Last edited by Skym; 11-30-2011, 04:16 PM.
                    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

stock gtr with stock everything it might be,
                      but as soon as you change something in the system without tuning the ECU for it, the AFR can change
                      like if you install an aftermarket intake kit, or exhaust system, it will all affect afr

and after that it depends on the tune

i had issues earlier this summer with injectors, and a good tune was hard to settle,
                      sometimes i could idle at 17 to FL and other times at 12
                      and on some occasions, i got as low as 10,4 at WOT
                      sigpic

Comment

The A/F ratio is leaner with intake, exhaust due to rise in boost level.

R32 GTR ECU is not so hot on fueling side.

Nismo swap it for a retuned R33 GTR ECU + R33 GTR o2 sensors to match which is better with fueling -

RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Ok. So the Nissan set a/f ratio will not go above 15... Is this precise? I remember some say that Nissan set it at around 15+. And with the intake and exhaust add on, what would be the effect? Make the ratio leaner?

Comment

It's set for max of around 14.7:1 on stock fuel map with stock car at idle. With o2 sensor + ECU it might make it reach 15.0:1 at idle before o2 sensor voltage hits o2 sensor lean voltage trigger on ECU and ECU makes engine run richer, then hits rich voltage trigger and ECU runs engine leaner, then repeats. The lean o2 sensor voltage trigger might be set at 15.0:1 (I think is set at 230mv), but haven't converted the lean o2 sensor voltage trigger to A/F ratio to check.

With intake, exhaust it might make that 14.7:1 leaner and hit the lean o2 sensor voltage trigger. When combined with idle stabilisation (adjust's ignition timing), might get a miss, stumble at idle. When you unplug or disable o2 sensor (force ECU into open loop), the missing at idle stops, as o2 sensor is not making engine run leaner, richer and ECU is using what's set on fuel map only (not good idea if engine is running lean due to intake or exhaust leak, weak fuelpump or weak voltage to fuelpump due to old wiring, clogged fuel filter, etc).
                            Last edited by Skym; 12-01-2011, 05:41 AM.
                            RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

I see. Hmmm gonna check out my a/f play tom. I run a Mine's ECU, and if I remember it right my idle is 15 to 15.3? I'll double check it.
                              Last edited by GodziRRa; 12-02-2011, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X