R32 headlight help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R32 headlight help

I'm looking to buy a new hid kit for my car pretty sure one of my ballast is kaput but have no idea what style of headlight I have , standard or N1's, and or what style of bulb to order. Also if someone could point me in the right direction and/or post a link to a good kit to that would be awesome.

You have the N1 style headlight, not sure what the bulb type is though.
    1995 R33 Skyline GTR

1991 R32 Skyline GTR - SOLD

Comment

What you have there is the N1 headlight. The N1 headlight uses H4 halogen bulbs. I'm not sure if the HID bulb in your photo is a replacement for the H4 bulb. You'll have to see whether an adaptor was used if the HID bulb you have isn't for the H4. Measure the the length of the glass part and the plastic part, that should give some clues. Also, if you look at the plastic part, look for 2 notches, are they 90 degrees apart or 30 degrees or 45 degrees? That could tell you which HID bulb you have.

Comment

if I order an H4 kit though I should be in the clear though right ? even if there is an adapter in the headlight can't i just take it out ? kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place I got pulled over friday night on my way home from work right after my passenger ballast finally crapped out. Got 10 days to get a new kit in there.
        Last edited by andy66; 01-09-2012, 11:11 PM.

Comment

It looks like there is a H4 adapter there, in the second photo you see a silver disc with some wire clips, that's what a H4 base should look like. I can't really tell what bulb was used with the conversion without seeing the plug removed.

Comment

N1

And yes as mentioned 2 or 3 times, H4 halogen!
            1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Working...
            X