Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What oil line feed/drain specs for 2860-5's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What oil line feed/drain specs for 2860-5's?

Hey everyone, I just got my new set of 2860-5s, and I need to spec out the oil feed lines for the turbos. I know I need 3AN lines for proper oil restriction and I was going to get some nice SS lines and russel fittings, but I dont know what length or type of threaded fittings. I was wondering if anyone is currently running these turbos and could pass along the specs of their oil feed/drain lines.

Thanks!

The lines do not provide the restriction you will need a fitting at the turbo with a ~.035'' hole. I'd use -4 lines because finding fittings is a lot easier.

Use this at the turbo inlet: http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...gory_Code=GTBB

Comment

Ok im definatly going to look into this more thouroughly. Any info on length of line and fitting to attach to the turbos themselves?

Comment

i agree with zacho on his comment on your other thread. I did the same thing with mine. 4 and line because parts and adapters are very easy to find then get a proper restrictor. 3an line is not a restricotor and will flow WAY too much

actual feed in the turbo should just be a pin hole as shown in his link, what you run as a line too it is up to you.
        Last edited by BrianV8; 01-10-2012, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Oh ok so you ran a 4AN line, then the line into the adapter pill, then the pill threads directly into the turbo? Any chance you have any pictures of your oil feed/drain set up?

You did the exact same setup twice, one for each turbo?

Comment

I have a gtst with rb25 with a top mount so like you it was a complete custom setup. This is the best pick i have on hand. You can see top of the turbo i have 4 an line going to a restrictor plate which is essentially the same thing Zacko showed you. At the bottom i have another plate goes to 10an fitting that i ran to the factory drain location.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Ok so I was looking on that site:

and does that brass peice thread directly into the turbo? So thats the peice that the -4AN fitting threads to? Is that correct?

Comment

it depends on the turbo, Some like he holsets etc have threaded end, the turbo i ran didn't, its meant to have a restrictor plate, so what you do is go to your local lordco order yourself a Vibrant turbo oil restrictor plate, bolt that on and you run a -4an line off that

Comment

Oh I see, so does the Vibrant turbo oil restrictor plate do the duty of that little brass peice:

or does that little brass piece thread INTO the oil restrictor plate?

Comment

The vibrant part essentially looks like this and your see it on top of my turbo in the pic

It does the exact same thing as your link. Just a different mounting system. Like i said before some turbos have a threaded top where the brass piece just threads in and your done. Others like mine dont have the feed hole threaded and instead they have a mount face with 2 threaded bolt holes for that restriction plate. The plate has a pin size hole in the bottom just like that brass one you see with a 4an male end ready for a line to be attached. Either way they are both universal sizes, one size fits all sort of deal. Just look at the feed side on your turbo to see which you need. From what i've seen aftermarket turbos tend to use the plate stock ones use the brass piece.

Comment

Well we have the exact same 2860-5 turbo so ill need to get that piece as well. I talked to my buddy and he has Function 7 as a distributor so ill get that piece from them. Does the Garrett 2860-5 have two mounting points on the turbo that this flange can bolt onto? I wish I was at home so I can see mine as your explaining things. Jesus your incredibly helpful. Thank you so much

Comment

haha no worries i suffered from the head aches myself. My turbo is a borg warner not a garrett so look and see what you have before ordering.

Comment

Does anyone have the specs on the Garrett GT2860R -7 oil and coolant lines?? It would be much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                          X