BNR32 abs problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BNR32 abs problems?

So I have been driving my r32 gtr lately and randomly my abs will engage when i am braking. I have not noticed any pattern to it it seems completly random. Ill just be driving at various speeds and my brake pedal will become stiff and abs will engage. any ideas? break fluid is level.
    1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

well if you figure it out and need something i have a good abs module and 4 good sensors for sale.
    RB25 Powered RWD GT-R

Owner for Turtle Garage Hicas Delete Systems

Comment

My bet is the sensors in the hub are bad, or the hub itself. My silverado started doing that 2 years ago and I ended up pulling the abs fuse because it was actually more dangerous having it on than off. Abs would engage only at slow speeds though. Like when your pulling into your driveway. When mine engaged at the wrong time I almost drove into another family members car. (sigh) After my hubs were replaced with the new abs sensors I was good to go.
      Dang! You got shocks, pegs... Lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Comment

Won't it shoot codes in the trunk with the awd computer?
        Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by MattiasJacobs View Post
          I ended up pulling the abs fuse because it was actually more dangerous having it on than off.(sigh) After my hubs were replaced with the new abs sensors I was good to go.
          that might not be a bad idea. its sketch it started at just low speeds abs would engage and make it hard to stop. last night after my tune i hit 180km a couple times and lets say it was sketch trying to stop

Comment

Originally posted by cschepp View Post
            Won't it shoot codes in the trunk with the awd computer?
            that would be nice. any way to check for codes on the ecu in the trunk?

Comment

Originally posted by gtrjon View Post
              that would be nice. any way to check for codes on the ecu in the trunk?
              Flashing red light.

Both my GTRs did that. I deleted the ABS, problem went away.
              Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
              Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
              Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
              Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
              White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
              lol

Comment

When you turn the ignition on have a buddy sit at the back of the car and your codes should fire off. That's how I fixed mine

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
                  Flashing red light.

Both my GTRs did that. I deleted the ABS, problem went away.
                  i get my car off the dyno running great and i start driving it then this happens lol. i really dont want to spend the time nor the money to delete the abs. i havent looked into it but i imagine its quite a bit

Comment

Remove abs module, re run lines + tee off rear or bend lines to fit. If using abs BMC ull want a proportioning valve. Not to hard just time consuming and a bit of a twat with the engine in.

Comment

You built and paid cash for 500whp; abs delete is child's play and pocket change in comparison.
                      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
                        You built and paid cash for 500whp; abs delete is child's play and pocket change in comparison.
                        fair enough. although ive reached that point financially where im way too deep into the car. lets just say my original budget was 10k and was gone 8 months ago. id like to hear more solutions for solving the problem before i ditch abs. its not consistent its completely random. im going to check the codes tonight.

Comment

Might be as simple as a bad wheel sensor or a control block replacement. I have a spare control block if it comes down to it...
                          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

well i tried having my buddy watch the ecu in the trunk for codes and the light doesnt flash. the abs is definitley acting up tho. its happening more often now and not just at low speeds. it will randomly engage. i also noticed while doing a pull the anti-lock/ 4wd lights come on sometimes and stay on. any ideas guys im lost?

Comment

I don't have alot of time right now because I'm just off to work but type in the search bar awd problems and you'll find a thread with some solutions. I had the same problem last year and was able to fix it with the original method mentioned. It was originally posted by me so just look for a thread by me

Comment

Working...
                              X