Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats better Top Feed or Side Feed Injectors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats better Top Feed or Side Feed Injectors?

Im looking to upgrade my fuel rail and injectors. Im just learning about cars in general let alone Skylines. Just curious im looking on FRsport.com at Fuel rails and i noticed theres 2 different types: Top feed, And Side feed. What exactly is the difference? Also is there anything else i need to upgrade once i upgrade my injectors and fuel rail.

One more question, for the fuel injectors, is there a suggested size for a basically stock BNR32 ?
    1991 Nissan Skyline GTR - Build in progress.

Originally posted by BrianR32 View Post
    One more question, for the fuel injectors, is there a suggested size for a basically stock BNR32 ?
    Stock injectors will be fine. Only upgrade if you plan to upgrade other parts as well down the line.

Top feed and side feed I have no knowledge on
    Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
    hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

Im planning to Upgrade my turbos in the near future so im looking to get better injectors etc... Also planning on getting better oil circulation if anyone has any suggestions.

Also if anyone knows and better sites / stores to purchase aftermarket parts for my BNR32 that would help a lot!
      1991 Nissan Skyline GTR - Build in progress.

Comment

In that case, a 'rule of thumb' is typically as a minimum 1cc per WHP you wanna have.

500WHP = at minimum 500cc injectors
        Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
        hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

Here you go:

Go with 750's or a tad higher for your injectors if you want to make 500 hp. Running something at one hundred percent at all times is not going to be reliable at all! You can run them at 75% and be fine with some leaniancy on your side.

Anyways I hope this helps.
          Last edited by cschepp; 02-04-2012, 07:06 PM.
          Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Theres no real advantage to having top feed or side feed vs the other. It's just 2 different styles.

theres a few calculators online to help you figure out what size injectors you will need or close to it. Never hurts to go a little on the big side. That said don't go throwing 1000cc injectors into a stock RB26.

Comment

Well there is one advantage. If you ever go for big power the rb25 side feeds are limited to 800-1000 cc( can't remember which one) injectors when the top feed you can go well past 2000cc injectors.
              Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Working...
              X