Does anyone know what this thread is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know what this thread is?

Hey guys, im fitting my catch can with SS AN lines and I need a fitting that will take this thread to a -10 AN line. Does anyone know what this thread is? Once I know the thread pitch I can find the fitting. Thanks!

theres a tool for that
    - Adam

:
    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

Mishimoto has developed a carbon fiber oil catch can to make sure you're getting the most out of your performance parts.Over time harmful oil will build up inside the turbocharger, intake manifold, intercooler and piping. A Mishimoto Carbon Fiber Oil Catch Can will prevent this from happening while its sleek carbon fiber exterior will add a touch of style to your engine bay.An oil catch can serves other important purposes as well. It will prevent oil from getting into pressurized turbo plumbing, which can lead to couplers coming off under boost. Oil vapors can get into the intake system which will lower combustion temperatures and reduce overall efficiency. A Mishimoto Carbon Fiber Oil Catch Can will solve all these problems and give you the added security knowing that your performance parts are safe from harmful oil. This oil catch can, as with every Mishimoto catch can, comes with the unparalleled Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty.

I know, but is it a pipe thread, taper thread ect. Im trying to get the parts I need before I have to take apart my curreent catch can set up, its tucketd away in the engine bay

Comment

^^ He's right you know! Is this your first day with your new toy? Get yourself a thread pitch gauge! Also don't forget to tell your friends to come ask you now that you know the answer! I know I'm going to forward all these types of questions your way!
        LOL I Kidd, I Kidd!
        Last edited by Bravo; 02-14-2012, 03:01 AM.
        aww crap, did you see that!

Comment

see how they covered it in thread sealant, tapered thread dont use teflon tape or other thread sealants. cuse the tapered part cups the other fitting and makes a seal. and you dont need a thread pitch gauge. get a good measuring device that can show you one inch thats good enuf. count how many threads are in one inch thats called TPI, thread per inch. there is only so many thread pitches for the TPI and knowing the size of pipe you have would help narrow it down to.
          1991 skyline GTR
          1969 corvette
          1989 cavalier Z24
          1991 skyline GTR
          1985 VW scirocco

Comment

Working...
          X