Tools for transmission disassemble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tools for transmission disassemble

I'm in the midst of taking the transmission apart. Just wondering what tools you use. Like obviously pullers and what not to take bearings and gears off, but where can you get them? I have access to a Nissan dealerships goodies so I am going there later today to find out if they have the right parts. But for people that do it at home, what do you use?

from experience, your going to need a decent amount of different length and thickness drifts. You can use pipe steel for this. Your going to need a fully adjustable press, thats a must. As for pullers your going to need a few claw type with adjustable claws. Sometimes its hard to get behind the gears with the claws so try to get thinner ones of possible. Also get a decent hammer and a brass punch. Oh and while your at it get a buddy to help you.

I can tell you that the repair manual will tell you to simply push or slide out certain components. But when it says that, your going to dragging your gearbox to the press.

Also make sure your synchros stay together and you dont lose any pieces (best to tape them before removal), and also watch out for the almost microscopic check balls when removing the shafts.
    “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Thanks! I actually managed to borrow a tool kit from Nissan with the needed pullers. BUT. I need the part to take off this sleeve.
      After I get that sleeve off, i can start working with the press. I may have to use the press to get this piece off. I'm just scared I'm going to break something. Oh and I found out my build sheet was correct and it is in fact a route 6 tranny.

Comment

Working...
      X