headlight problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlight problem...

im pretty sure i have a bad ground somewhere but cant find a wiring diagram. heres whats happening. i have a r32 gtr. if i turn my low beams on, nothing happens, if i continuously flick them on and off one or sometimes if im really lucky they will come on. i have ruled out the switch, if i unplug the headlight bulb, turn the headlights on there is a great signal with a test light at the positive connector of the low beam circuit ( right at the connector ) if i plug that into the bulb. nothing happens and then if i unplug it again the signal is now very weak and dim on my test light.

this happens on both sides. its like the ground on the other side of the bulb after the resistance is bad and its not completing the circuit properly. so.. looking for a wiring diagram or some insight on where the grounds for the low beams are. or if anyone else has some experience with the same problem what you did. its very annoying.

thanks
    brett
    1992 Nissan Skyline GTR
    2003 GMC Sierra SLT
    1972 Datsun 510

I had a similar problem with one of my headlights, everytime i would hit a bump the light would flicker on and off. It turned out being the connector was corroded to ****. i cutvthe connector and soldered + heat shrinked the wires. Problem solved. I would test positi e to negative at the connector to rule it out.
    I canz take this corner at 195k cause i gots AWDZ. Get real.

Comment

I had the same issue, I just cut the existing grounds off and ran new ones. The grounds are close to the headlights along the rad support. I'll post up a pic of mine shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      1989 R32 Skyline GTR SOLD!!!!

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
      -Bruce Lee

Comment

i tried removing he grounds on the rad support and cleaning them up. didnt fix or help it at all. i have high beams no problems. its just my low beams that don't come on all the time and i consistently have to flick them on and off to make them work. also tried switching the headlight relay with one from my other car. didnt help either.
        1992 Nissan Skyline GTR
        2003 GMC Sierra SLT
        1972 Datsun 510

Comment

i have the same problem as well, im still looking.
          "Syntax with a steering wheel."
          Volkswagen R32 Daily
          Nissan R32 Skyline Summer Car

Comment

Originally posted by floger70 View Post
            i tried removing he grounds on the rad support and cleaning them up. didnt fix or help it at all. i have high beams no problems. its just my low beams that don't come on all the time and i consistently have to flick them on and off to make them work. also tried switching the headlight relay with one from my other car. didnt help either.
            Yours looks like same with mine before, switch problem.. If I turn low beam sometimes only one would light up, and if I flick it again both would come on. Try doing this, slowly flick the headlight switch and see if one of the headlights will come on first. If so, maybe that is your problem. I fixed mine by opening the switch, cleaned the contact points, "re-stretched" the 3 small springs, and adjust the big metal contact point.

Comment

Working...
            X