Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nEW Water pump has slot cuttout instead of hole cuttout. Gushed coolant. WTF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nEW Water pump has slot cuttout instead of hole cuttout. Gushed coolant. WTF!

Hey guys, 'trying' to finish my build and I bought a new water pump from Nissanpart.cc. It was a proper water pump for R32 GTR RB26 DETT ect ect. The water pump that came off the motor can a drill hole to mount to the block, but this new pump had a small slot there instead. My mechanic thought it was just a revision for easier mounting, but as soon as the rad was filled (Engine not even cranked yet) it poured out that slot. Does anyone know if changes have ever been made to RB26 Water pumps? I bought it from the Nissan Dealer so it shouldnt a knockoff. Thanks in advance!

you most likely bought a newer r34 pump. or an n1 pump.

either take it off, weld up the slot, and redrill, or use a liberal amount of RTV.

Comment

Sounds like you bought a N1 water pump and not aOEM one.
      There are multiple threads on.this subject if you were to do a search.
      Put since you found frantic.
      You can fill the hole with liquid gasket, weld a piece to cover the hole, use a modified big washer.
      But again I suggest you use the search function of the fourm to get a clear answer with pictures.

Sent from my HTC Magic using Tapatalk
      Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

This is the part I bought, RB25/26 water pump.

Upgrade your Nissan with genuine OEM parts, Nismo, Nismo Off-Road & Accessories! Fast shipping, competitive prices. Shop now!

Comment

The OEM one for 71.28

Comment

yeah most definately an r34 pump.

no biggie, just use a good sealant or have it welded.

Comment

That would be able to handle the coolant pressure? Ugh, I think my mechanic has already started tear down. Again. Again. Ill call him

Comment

yep. when you take the pump off, use a bit of jb weld to fill in the slot, then when you reassemble, use a fender washer on the outside, thatll be your bulletproof leak seal....

Comment

Originally posted by malibusst View Post
                  yep. when you take the pump off, use a bit of jb weld to fill in the slot, then when you reassemble, use a fender washer on the outside, thatll be your bulletproof leak seal....
                  This.
                  Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

I jb welded my n1 pump and drilled a hole. Done and done.
                    Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                    Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                    Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                    Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                    White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                    lol

Comment

Good ideas, but the build will eb 550RWHP, and the theme of the build is bullet-proof so i decided to play it safe. Having said that I have a Brand new (Mounted, but never seen a turn), R34 water pump. $60. Who wants it? Picks coming soon on my FS thread

Comment

I feel your pain, as my N1 pump did the same thing, TWICE.Did't leak for 2 weeks with just water, but when antifreeze was added, it leaked. 6 hours to pull it off and reseal. Then 1000kms later leaked again. 8 hours to fix, letting the sealant setup with the bolts in finger tight and set-up for 1/2 hour before torquing up bolts.No leaks yet, but it's only been 4 days.Use the grey RTV only.
                        There's no buisness like GO biusness

Comment

All R33 and R35 pumps have the type of hole. Generally most shops only sell the R33/34 type as they are easier to get. Lots of R32s have the R33/34 pumps on them, just JB weld and done!
                          RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
                          http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
                          1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

Does anyone want it? Ive already put on an R32 pump before I was able to read this. Didnt know JB could hold the pressure and I wanted to play it safe

Comment

jb weld is only their to fill the void. the bigger washer will hold the jb weld in, its the silicone that creates the seal.... think of jb weld as a wall for the silicone to rest on.

Comment

Working...
                              X