Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting rid of ITB's for single throttle body. Done before? Helpful tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting rid of ITB's for single throttle body. Done before? Helpful tips?

Hey everyone, pretty much finished the build on my GTR and the one last thing im wanting to change over this winter is getting rid of the ITB's and going with a big single butterfly valve at the beginning of the plenum. The ITB's are wreaking havock on my Microtec and causing big turbo shuffle and lack off vacuum issues.

Anyways, long story short, im weighing the different options between getting the butterfly valve welded to my original plenum and welding the stock ITB chambers closed after removing those valves, or buying an entire intake plenum to delete the ITB's all together. Has anyone gone through this process before? This wont be happening for a few months, so Ill have some time to plan it out, just thought id pitch the idea now, Thanks!

Godspeed plenum looks pretty good, best bang for the buck.

Comment

If you are going to all that hassle I would just upgrade to a single throttle plenum, Hypertune makes some goods ones. There is no sense to upgrade to a single throttle, built off the stock ITB set-up. Just ditch the whole thing.
      1995 R33 GTR Vspec - Sold
      2004 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3R - Sold
      2013 Subaru WRX STI - Where is the power? - Daily

Comment

There are ITB spacer blanks that replace the ITBs and TB flanges that weld on to the front of the stock plenum on EBay. Use the 90mm LS1 TB with a built in IAC valve and you are all set for as little as $400. The factory intake is just fine. Hole #6 can run a bit lean with it but so what, just bump up the fuel trim by 1% on #6 under boost and you're good.

With my PowerFC however, I have no issues with the ITBs, that's why I haven't gone this route yet.

Jon.
        Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Yeah I was doing + 1.2% trim up on cyl 6 and + 0.8% on cyl 5 with the Vipec.

Comment

Do you have a URL or additional information on these spacer blanks? Ive never heard of them and sound interesting

Comment

Working...
            X