How to take apart stock ITB'S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to take apart stock ITB'S

Hey guys, quick question, im needing to take apart these ITB's fully, weld up the holes and go with a single throttle body. Does anyone know how to take apart the butterfly valve? Thanks!

I already done this its a real pain in the ass to put back the shaft with the plate and after you have to seal it with some silliconne if you clean it ended up to order new one haha good luck buddy
    Nick

Comment

If I remember the shafts and seals are staked in the housing. You need to remove the stake with a grinder or file and then it should come out
      “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

These arnt being put back together, the shaft holes are being welded shut, just need to know how to take apart these butterfly valves

Comment

I don't have experience with RB motors but for subarus we remove the TGV (tumbler generator valves) which are butterfly valves mounted under the intake manifold. We have to grind/drill out the rivets, remove the stepper motors, cut and remove the rod, then either weld or fill the holes with JB weld the smooth it out to the bore.

Comment

Working...
          X