Transmission help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission help please

ok, i have a gtr r32 and my transmission synchros in second and fourth re getting worse and worse by the day. So i am wanting to pull my tranny and do a builon it while its out. My car will have around 500awhp. the car wont be dragged much, it will mainly see street and track days just to give you some info on what i am trying to go for.

So, with that said i need some suggestions and input on what to do with my tranny. i live in the states so telling me to go to a local shop in canada wont help me out haha and im not trying to spend over 5k if i dont have to. So any input, suggestions, etc would be awesome. Thanks guys

If you haven't already tried it put Redline Shockproof Heavy in your trans, definitely worth a shot many of us have had great success with it, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Stock the transmissions have been used at 700 as long as good oils and your not being harsh on them.
      How much is a used tranny as it will be easier and might be less $$?
      Favorites
      lucky_cefiro
      you\'re not listening
      entelijint
      stop saying "yall"... i'm picturing you with a mullet.
      mullet+skyline=*shiver* i dont even want to think about it
      Originally posted by specialedition
      He ended up popping a tired and he failed at life.

Comment

ok, yeah i bought the car about 8 months ago and the tranny was on my "to do" list. Whoever had the car before me didn't maintain the car what so ever. So i guess just pull the tranny, use that "shockproof oil" in it and replace worn/broken bits and i should be good to go?

Comment

If you haven't used the shockproof in it yet

Try it first before pulling the tranny
          It may give you another season.
          I honestly think the parts if you can find then and then the labour to overhaul it will be more than a good used tranny.
          Something to consider.
          Favorites
          lucky_cefiro
          you\'re not listening
          entelijint

Comment

Ok, I looked up that redline oil. What weight should i use? Also forgot to mention that I am putting an exedy twin disc in nwxt week

Comment

Use the shockproof light

(Blue smurf goo)stuff
              Favorites
              lucky_cefiro
              you\'re not listening
              entelijint

Comment

Shockproof light or medium (mix of heavy and light, is what I use).

If you need a gearbox, I have a spare R33 one I won't need (asking $900, paid $1350 landed, never used). Also have a built one but it cost me just over $12k so you probably don't want that one.
                Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                lol

Comment

I use the Heavy Shockproof, worked wonders. I drag it eveytime I drive it. Didn't notice any notchiness at all, even at -3 deg outside. Sure cured my 4th gear grind though.

Jon.
                  Last edited by Dragon Humper; 03-03-2013, 09:05 PM.
                  Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Thanks for all the replys. How many quarts should i use? Also should i drain out all the old tranny fluid before i add the redline?

Comment

Also where the hell does one buy this stuff? Lordco? Canadian tire?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk HD
                      Currently rollin' in a 1997 Nissan 240sx こうき

The artist formally known as Cory Scheuer

Comment

5 litres.

Yes, drain out all the old stuff.

Lordco or Mopac in BC and AB.

Jon.
                        Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

thanks for the info Dragon!!!

and h4x6, do a quick google search and have it shipped to you for free. Its only $15USD a quart

Comment

ok im confused

everything that i have seen about redline shock proof is gear oil... is that the right stuff

hopefully someone replies soon, wanting to get some today at lordco
                            Currently rollin' in a 1997 Nissan 240sx こうき

The artist formally known as Cory Scheuer

Comment

Yes it is the right stuff.

However I will add my experience using heavy shock in the transmission.
                              I originally used light shockproof in the transmission and it was great.
                              Then after my build was complete I used the Heavy shock proof but I found no matter how warmed up the Trans was shifting effort was higher and even blocking out the gear at higher rpm.

So I flushed the transmission out once with just 75w90 and then refilled with light shockproof and the shift was back to normal.
                              Favorites
                              lucky_cefiro
                              you\'re not listening
                              entelijint

Comment

Working...
                              X