Anybody's CAS do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody's CAS do this?

Noticed this today and thought it odd, I think my CAS is on the way out.

Click on pic to see vid.
    Last edited by Voodoo_ChildR32; 04-11-2013, 12:58 AM.
    1989 R32 Skyline GTR SOLD!!!!

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
    -Bruce Lee

right away i thought of that video "ridin spinners" lol

seems as if ur mitsu logo has detached itself from the cas housing and is turning with the optical disc.

Comment

Lol, ya it spins and if I put my finger on it to stop it the rpms vary slightly. It seems fine if I hold it still with very slight pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

-Bruce Lee

Comment

Mine does this as well and I'm preety sure mine is on the way out, I'm ordering a good one from feast this week hopfully it will help my hesitation issues that just suddenly appeared
        91 gtr , 93 rx7 type r and a multicolor 240 スカイライン

Comment

It spins??? Nope, never seen that happen.

When CAS fails it's usually 1-2 degrees out with base timing and get a grinding bearing sound from CAS (use a mechanics stethoscope and place on and just behind CAS). You can rebuild CAS (replace the NTN bearings and as far as I know there's 2x different part numbers on side of bearings x2). The donut part is made in Taiwan these days (Mitsubishi don't make it anymore). I was told you can use a Bosch donut part, but has a different plug.

How to pull stock CAS apart is shown on AEM forum (to replace timing disc).
          Last edited by Skym; 04-11-2013, 10:23 AM.
          RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

I also have a hesitation under full power, my CAS makes a slight growling noise at idle. I have another, if changing it out fixes the problem ill be putting new brging into the original one.

Jon.
            Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

i thought cas was either 1) working or 2) broken. not in between.
              Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

I had a faulty cas on my gtst, it seemed to run fine, but with a timing light the line would bounce all over the place

Comment

Mine spins and iv had zero issues

Comment

I'm getting some break up, I have yellow jackets and new plugs. I have regrounded the main harness as well as coil and CAS harnesses. If I put pressure on the logo to stop it from spinning my rpms change. Pretty sure the ignitor is fine as this issue started recently, pretty much when I noticed the spinning logo.

-Bruce Lee

Comment

The CAS failures I have had are related to bearings failing inside CAS. The tricky part is removing the top bearing, but a 3 prong puller helps to remove that bearing (might want to put CAS body into a vice). Pushing bearing back onto shaft is via using a vice, hollow pipe to help push bearing evenly onto shaft.

NTN has offices in Canada -

Just need the part numbers that are usually on side bearing cover, look it up in catalogue. Usually with those types of bearings (can do this with aircon pump bearing), can pop the side cover and grease the bearings (not sure if can replace the bearings).
                      Last edited by Skym; 04-12-2013, 03:11 AM.
                      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Mine spins like that too, I was also wondering if I was alone....
                        I've also now noticed slight breakup again too.
                        Another thing, my timing doesn't seem to move at all when I turn the thing anymore. (Timing light, line doesn't move at all, or jumps wildly).

I think a few of us are in need of a CAS......
                        First one to pull the trigger please post if it helps! Be a few weeks before I can get one, car is in body shop now.

Rick
                        '89 GTST - SOLD
                        '92 GTR
                        '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
                        '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

I should have one next week, I'll post up if anything changes.

-Bruce Lee

Comment

I will have mine next week as well 3 days before it goes into the body shop as well lol
                            91 gtr , 93 rx7 type r and a multicolor 240 スカイライン

Comment

Just in case....
                              '89 GTST - SOLD
                              '92 GTR
                              '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
                              '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

Working...
                              X