Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clutch pedal making funny noise....help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch pedal making funny noise....help.

Hey guys, I looked around the forum and couldn't quite find a thread that sounds like my problem. I was driving home today and suddenly the clutch pedal became VERY hard to push down, then it went away. When I got home it started doing it again and now its doing it all the time. Then a funny noise started coming from behind the pedal. It sounds like, when you slowly release air out of a balloon and it makes a high pitched squeal or whine. I thought maybe the linkage was dry but it also does it when I push the pedal down slightly and hold it there, (no movement of the pedal). I checked the reservoir and its good. My brother pushed the pedal down for me while I looked in the engine bay and it was even louder. Could it be the cylinder under the reservoir? Thanks

No it's the vacuum booster behind the clutch master cylinder.
    You can disconnect the rubber vacuum hose going to it and plug the hose temporarily to stop the vacuum leak until you find another booster to replace it with.
    The effort to depress the clutch will be more than stock but at least there is no vac leak.
    Favorites
    lucky_cefiro
    you\'re not listening
    entelijint
    stop saying "yall"... i'm picturing you with a mullet.
    mullet+skyline=*shiver* i dont even want to think about it
    Originally posted by specialedition
    He ended up popping a tired and he failed at life.

Comment

Huh, I wonder if its the same deal with me. I love the pedal pressure but I the clutch squeals when disengaged. Any more details about where to find the booster and the cause of failure?
      1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

Oh yeah that makes sense! With no vacuum assist, the pedal would be stiffer. Thanks man. Ill start investigating to make sure it is the little booster. For now ill just suffer the leg workout. Much appreciated.

Comment

yeah sounds like a clutch booster,i changed mine last year,mine was sounds like air pressure released every time I pressed the pedal,open reservoir and see if you got enough fluid in it,just in case.
          Skyline GTR R33

Comment

Working...
          X