Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What you think about AMS products?

Hi everybody,

I'm about to buy all my suspension arms and rods to fit on my GT-R and at this day, i was looking at cusco products. They seems to do great products and they have almost all suspension parts for my car. But, today i was looking around on internet and found these AMS products that seems to be very good products too, and they have nice package for very good price.

So i just want to know if some of you guys have some of these products and/or heard about these. I'm about to make the move so i wait for your feedbacks to do it.

Thank you all,

Vince

For street or track?

Comment

I have the front uppers and tension rods in the box still waiting to go on the car and they look quality but i seem to remember i think Frankiman has some that he had to add a clamp to cause they would come loose at the track. To add to the OPs question (not to thread jack) has anyone used the hicas lockout kit they offer im interested in it...

Comment

Every part I bought had fitment issues, nothing that couldn't be cut or grinded but the principle is that it doesn't fit. I suspect I'll go with Japanese brands when these are pooched
        “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Interesting answers, whats products did you buy exactly caliber676?

@custisgoodman send me a pv when your fuca and tension rods will be on so you can give me some feedbacks maybe?

My application with these will be most street and occasionaly track. This is not my daily drive tho.

Thank you for your answers i'm waiting for more.

Comment

Theyre parts are made in China. It all sucks.
            Dang! You got shocks, pegs... Lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Comment

then what other brands would you recommend? Cucso, ikyea formula (super expensive), are there any others that aren't really pricey but still maintain some quality.

thanks

Comment

I've got AMS FUCAs, RUCAs, and Tension rods. The rears have been ok, but the front bearings are shot and the arms loosen up like crazy. I hear the Driftworks stuff is better and is still reasonably priced.

Comment

I have the front and rear upper control arms, and the hicas lock out. The fuca's look like the biggest junk of the bunch
                  “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

i spit on AMS products! no customer service and their products suck! driftworks is better...

edit: don't try to save money on your skyline, it will bounce back in your face some day
                    My sky got 99 problems but to find bitches ain't one

Once you go sky; Parts you're going to buy...

Comment

I ran their brake rotors and had no issues. That being said my front rotors are now heat cracked like nothing I've never seen. Ok for street but no good for track use.

Comment

AMS FUCAS are based on R32 GTR Midori items what were modified in Austrailia by a renowned company. They had to be modified for 300zx by offsetting the adjustement sleeve on the shaft for clearance issues. Most FUCAS are based on that revision. The clamping issues are shared through any brand, KTS, ebay, etc, caused the innefficient securing. Personal opinion? They let go on me on the track but I blame the design and not the hardware. I'll have a more extensive review on my build thread once I finish my projects.

The AMS RUCAS are a generic design. They actually have some additional splines, compared to typical ebay items, to keep them from shearing off at both ends which I do appreciate. Opposite to the FUCAS, their downfall though is the hardware itself; the electroplating was probably made in a vat of very questionable acid. Some of their latest batches have been found to have acid corrosion in the crevices in one end. Looks like bloated green/orange cancer. Also they should of painted them instead, the chrome electroplating may cause brittleness by chrome contamination if the hardware isn't welded properly or of poor quality metal (which is very possible).

The brakes, from my perspective are great for street because they're cheap; you get bang for buck and the softer metal glazes easily for smooth pressure application. For track I personally haven't had issues with my 296mm, mine are still glazed without cracking, but Bobbo's 324mm may have had a different venting design. He also has a better car and drives considerably faster than me. Also I haven't had any other rotors yet so my impression is probably biased.

HICAS delete is based off the driftworks design. I have a driftworks eliminator setup so I can't say much else than they should work well if they matched the original product.
                        1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

I went with driftworks everything (including all fixed bushes like subframe and diff). Cost around $2000 shipped but most were great to install. I don't know how long they last since I've put no KMs on the car in just over 2 years.

I had ordered some AMS tension rods (in/out) and the builder had recently done some on another car and the fitmen was garbage. Their parts may be cheaper for a reason.
                          Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                          Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                          Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                          Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                          White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                          lol

Comment

He also has a better car.
                            Oh come on! The other part is true though

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
                              Oh come on! The other part is true though
                              *wink*
                              1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

Working...
                              X