No announcement yet.

How to install a deck? (Radio headunit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to install a deck? (Radio headunit)

So it's about time I get aroun to installing a deck in my r32 gtr. When I got it it had a Jdm deck that would get any radio stations. So now I want to put in your average alpine off the shelf deck. I've read around on skyline Australia but nothing really concrete for my application. I don't want to chop the clips or the harness I'm looking for some sort of adapter harness that will be plug and play. I'm sure many of you guys have done this if anyone has any links part numbers or diys it would be great!
    1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Ill take some pictures tomorrow. To to your closest audio store and ask for a 240sx stereo wiring harness. I can take a picture and send it to you. I have done it four times and worked perfectly. There is no chopping involved just some soldering and shrink tubing. I need to do mine this week as well and can easily do a DIY thread for anyone interested.

Comment

Yes please that would be great. If you get the 240 harness what do you need to solder?

Comment

All you will need to solder is your deck to the harness. From that 240 harness you will be able to plug and play into any skyline! Ill take some pictures tomorrow to show you. Easiest thing in the world. Match the colors up, find your constant, ground and your off to the races. I think I even have the part number

Comment

Pics would be great!

Comment

Jon, I got someone install a deck for $30 so you may consider that :P

Comment

Why spend 30$ when you don't have to?

Jon send me your email. Ill send you pics and full details on how to install

Comment

Why solder a harness at the back of your deck when you can do the same thing with the harness on the car?

Once it's done on the car it will be good for any future North American decks you install in the car.
                R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

^ I'm not sure what you mean... The harness that I have will work with most nissans

Comment

Get it figured out?

Is it a stock deck in there or does it look aftermarket?

You can get the harness and adapter at any local car audio place, future shop, visions etc...

If you're going to Visions they carry metra harnesses/adapters

If it's stock this should be the harness you need:
                    Metra Product # 70-1763 is a Nissan wire harness that fits Nissan vehicles from 1984 - 1996

Antenna Adapter:
                    Metra Product # 40-NI11 is a aftermarket antenna that fits all vehicles

If you're going to Future Shop they carry BestKits

(You do not need the dash kit)

Red: Switched 12v
                    Yellow: 12v
                    Black: Ground
                    Blue: Power antenna
                    Blue/White: Remote turn on (for amps)
                    Orange: Dimmer
                    Orange/White: Illumination

These are all your speakers:

Front:
                    White (+)
                    White/Black (-)
                    Gray (+)
                    Gray/Black (-)

Rear:
                    Green (+)
                    Green/Black (-)
                    Purple (+)
                    Purple/Black (-)

Wire your new deck to this harness color matching using butt connectors or solder making sure it's a good connection, plug it in and boom!

Comment

Also, make sure you do the harness prepping outside of the vehicle. Best way to do it so you don't have a bare wire touching metal and it causing a short/blown fuse. Just saves time in the future.

Comment

Working...
                      X