4WD light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4WD light

My 4wd light comes on once in a while randomly, I bled atessa and put new fluid in, it doesn't seem to have a rhyme or reason of when or why it comes on and if I turn my car off and on it goes away. Does anyone know what could cause this?
    That girl with the GT-R

Not sure why that happens but both my gtrs did the same lol

Comment

Look at your attesa ecu in the trunk what code he got ... The ecu got memory so count the light and take a look in the workshop what cause this

Comment

Are your tires unevenly worn?
        92 GTS-4

Comment

^^^ This won't cause the 4wd light to come on. You would have to have a significant difference in actual tire size before causing this.
          If there was a reasonable difference in size the computer sees it as a difference in wheel speed and engages the pump/clutch which will cause premature ATTESSA clutch wear.

Comment

Originally posted by LordFly View Post
            Are your tires unevenly worn?
            Nope they're brand new
            That girl with the GT-R

Comment

I'm going to check for the light when I have some time I'll let you know what it is
              That girl with the GT-R

Comment

You could also check your connections to your g sensor? Maybe a bad/loose ground or connection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Kevin S.

Current: 1992 Skyline GT-R (on the way!)
                EX - 1995 BMW E36 M3
                EX - 1993 Silvia S14 w/S15 Front
                EX - 1990 Skyline GTS-T Type M

Comment

There should be wheel speed sensors, tooth drive by rear diffhead that the 4wd ECU uses to detect wheelspin.

Also check G sensor under the centre? console, as that is known to fail, same with wheel speed sensors.

Another thing to check is for low power (alternator on the way out), as that can trigger dash lights (HICAS, 4wd).

Also speed input via speedo cable that is known to fail, cause damage to the back of speedo.
                  RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
                  X