Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installed stereo components... Now my MAFs are done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed stereo components... Now my MAFs are done?

So Monday I started installing my stereo stuff ( amp, deck and speakers). Didn't finish Monday, so I left the car overnight at my parents place, and finished up Tuesday. I went to drive the car home and it was in limp mode.

And I can't seem to figure out how/why/ what happened?

ECU gives me code 12 ( which is mafs based on the list I looked at.)

I double checked where I ran the power cable through the firewall ( ecu side, through the main harness grommet) and didn't find any frayed wires, checked the ecu harness and couldn't find anything note worthy on the send & return wires/grounds.

I've pulled the MAFs to try re-soddering the connections and try them on my friends car.

Anyone have any idea of what might have happened? I'm at a loss
    Kevin S.

Current: 1992 Skyline GT-R (on the way!)
    EX - 1995 BMW E36 M3
    EX - 1993 Silvia S14 w/S15 Front
    EX - 1990 Skyline GTS-T Type M

Looks like I solve my own problem accidentally. Turns out the return sensor wire was grounded out to the isolator wire that runs with the pair. Installed a new wire and it works fine. Now I just need to get my mafs resoddered
    Kevin S.

EX - 1995 BMW E36 M3

Comment

Good to hear you got it fixed!
      “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Originally posted by caliber676 View Post
        Good to hear you got it fixed!
        Thanks! It really made me scratch at my head haha
        Kevin S.

EX - 1995 BMW E36 M3

Comment

Most people would start part replacing, so kudos to you for figuring it out
          “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Working...
          X