Strange problem, Car wouldn't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange problem, Car wouldn't start

Car is a 1995 GTR, I let it warm up and drove to the gas station, filled it up with gas and when I got back in the car it wouldn't start. It turned over fine but after 5 or 6 tries it killed my battery enough I knew it wasn't turning over fast enough to start so I found someone to give me a boost and it started up 1st try but didn't idle good, if I didn't keep my foot on the gas it would've stalled. So I took it for a ride on the highway to charge the battery back up before I went home, it ran perfect as always no hesitation or misfiring and when I had to stop the idle was normal. My battery is weak, trickle charger stopped working when it was stored over the winter and killed the battery I've been meaning to replace it but have been busy and haven't got around to it yet. Anybody have any ideas why it wouldn't start? Could it be as simple as the battery? is there anything else I should look for?

Thanks

It takes about 7 volts to start a car... So if your battery starts to drop, you won't be able to start it. Keep an eye on your volt meter and check for any parasitic drains.

Comment

My problem was the battery. Picked one up today and changed it, the car cranks over better and starts easier than it ever has since I've owned it. The car was landed in 2010 and it still had a Japanese battery so it was minimum 4 years old (probably much older) and I guess the battery going dead over the winter finally killed it.

Comment

Working...
      X