Tomei mid/y pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomei mid/y pipe

Did Tomei ever make a mid/y pipe? I'm putting together my exhaust system plan and will be using Tomei headers, Tomei turbo dump pipes, Tomei cat delete and Tomei TI cat back. I've done tons of Google searches and can't find anything to indicate that Tomei ever made a mid/Y pipe (pipe running from turbo dumps to Cat or cat Delete). Does anyone know if Tomei made one? If not which manufacture would you recommend for that part?
    Thanks,
    Matt

Tomei mid/y pipe

I'm not sure about tomei downpipe but it depends on your budget, id go titanium downpipe if budget allows if not any downpipe that's equal length should get the job done. Size depending on your power goals

Comment

There is no tome down pipe. I have a tome decat for sale though. Titanium. It is said that the reason you don't see many titanium downpipes is due to it's heat resistance. Best to stay SS.
      No build thread.
      1991 nissan
      El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Midori Seibi has a DP that looks really nice.

Not exactly bargain basement pricing but it appears to be of excellent quality.
        I might agree with Bruizer. Despite Titaniums strength if it isn't supported well cracking could potentially be an issue. I would be curious to know what the warranty might be.

Comment

I've seen the Midori and yeah it is very sweet looking but definitely not bargain basement pricing for sure! Looks like I'll probably go with an HKS mid pipe, I like the idea of the flex fitting to hopefully ease any potential mounting issues. On that note what about the ebay mid pipes? If they have a flex fitting and decent flanges wouldn't they be just as effective? Thoughts? I know it seems kinda silly to go cheap on a mid pipe when i'm going fairly high end on the rest of the exhaust but if its just as good, why not?

Matt

Comment

My Veilside doesn't have the flex pipe in it. I haven't had any issues yet.
            Btw. Get an equal length DP. The difference it makes in sound is amazing.

Comment

I have that SS midori downpipe. What a nightmare to fit. Need to cut and reweld 2 flanges that aren't clocked right and need some kind of custom 4" decat pipe. Since I'm trying to use the tiny titanium tomei exhaust I now need to a 90-80mm concentric reducer in the downpipe. I'd rather sell the tomei exhaust than sell the Midori pipe, will last me longer.
              No build thread.
              1991 nissan
              El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Sorry Bruizer. Not sure I follow. How could something outlast a Titanium cat back?

Comment

Working...
                X