Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4WD issue

Hey guys,

I've got a bit of a issue with the ATTESA. I've checked fluids, relays, and pumps and everything is working. I've tried 2 ECU's as well.

When I first start the car, there is no fault and everything is okay. The moment I get moving the 4WD light comes on.

If I come to a stop, the light will go out, and the torque gauge will then start to show 10. I go to check the ecu and there is no blinking light.

The moment I start I moving again the gauge will go back to 0, 4WD light comes on...

Has anyone ever had this.......... It's driving me nuts
    Had a few GTR's here and there..

Bad wheel speed sensor maybe?

Comment

^^supported^^

Comment

Weird how your gauge shows a split when your stopped, it's possible that you may have two problems, one with the gauge and one with the system. I would suspect a wheel speed sensor like others said based on the light going on when moving but without a code your limited to swapping a new sensor around the car or using an oscilloscope to get a pinpoint on a bad sensor. You could try resistance tests but I tend to stay away from them unless they read open or such. Another possibility could be a wiring issue or the Ecu itself although unlikely. Sounds like a ghost that's going to be frustrating.
        “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Worth mentioning that my ABS is removed, system was functioning just fine though.

Comment

4WD issue

I will take a look at the whole system hydrolic/sensor to see if a wire or something is tear up or cut off ... Mine does about the same at a stop the light was going off and come back as soon as the car move. But i dont think my gauge was moving like yours ... anyway it was the rear right wheel sensor wire that was tear up where the connector is.
            Hope it help
            Nic

Comment

So I think I've figured this out

When I come to a stop, light goes out, and gauge shows 10kg, pump does run for a second

The moment I get moving gauge drops to zero, 4WD light comes on, but the 4WD system turns out is fully functioning. I get readings on the gauge and I can hear and feel the front end start to grip up and do work.

I've got a switch hooked up for 2WD and 4WD so I can sort of play with it. Its just a wire going to the fusebox.

All the sensor wires are intact and are not damaged, the car has a linelock for the front end and I have a feeling that might have something to do with this.

Comment

Hey,

Did you figure out this issue?

Comment

Also can be overall wheel diameter is bigger on front or rear of car (worn tyres, wider rear tyres than front, etc) that affect's the wheel sensors, but the linelock could be a cause. If a R33 4wd ECU it's known to add a bit of preload to front wheels.

Also check the G sensor under the centre console, as it's known to cause problems with 4wd, especially with R32 GTR.
                  RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
                  X