Runaway Acceleration after BOV/IC pipe Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runaway Acceleration after BOV/IC pipe Upgrade

I installed by Synapse DV (BOV's) yesterday, along with my metal HKS intercooler piping. After install I gave it a few revs in neutral. What I noticed was that boost response was WAY faster than before (indicated on the boost gauge). What happened next scared the crap out of me: the engine kept revving up to 6000 RPM even though my foot was completely off the gas. It only did this once, and I haven't been able to duplicate the annomoly.

There were a couple of issues with hose fitment, particularly with the intercooler pipe that connects the twin turbo pipe. That section of pipe was significantly shorter than OEM, and barely fit on with the supplied couplers. I clamped everything on super tight but that one section is sketchy. The rubber hoses to the BOVs are also not an ideal fit, but again, I clamped everything on super tight.

What caused my revs to runaway like that?

Possibly a extreme lean mixture if there happen to be a leak or the bov's didn't open for some reason? All depends on how rich it runs I guess, but I've had aircraft with induction pipe leak do this before.

Strange it wont happen again tho......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

Working...
    X