rb26 pistons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rb26 pistons

I know this topic has been covered numerous times, my block is at machinist and I'm going to order pistons. The choices I am set on are cp or je. I have heard je rings take forever to bed in and have not heard same of cp. It's a cost difference of about 100 usd. Just want pros and cons from those of you whom have used either. Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

I went 87mm Wisco pistons... when u read the information regarding JE taking longer to break in do they say why? Thicker rings? Stronger ring material? I can't see a set of ring taking much longer then any other set of rings... The internet is full of hearsay be careful what you choose to believe.

My suggestion is to go 86.5mm pistons and if you're not running over 1000hp at the wheels either of the pistons u mentioned would be fine.

Comment

I went with Mahle because now I can say I have Ferrari F1 piston supplier piston in my car!

But I am pretty sure you will be fine with all makes...always the build and tune are the problems.

Comment

Working...
      X