Oil Pressures w/Tomei Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pressures w/Tomei Pump

Just curious if anyone else is running a Tomei pump with an accurate oil pressure reading... cold start pressure, warm idle pressure and high rpm pressure... I run 10w40 Red Line oil personally...

I have my accusump setup for 37psi before it activates... just seeing if I'm good at warm idle around there.

Thanks,

Curt

Which electric valve you used?

I have read some reputable tuner believe manual valve for accusump gives the most benefit of oil surge protection. Electric switch is good for priming engine but too slow to fill engine in case oil surge.
    Electric pressure switch is good to rapid refill at a certain threshold but it's whole purpose is to protect the accusump itself, not the engine...

I go with tomei pump too btw...long way to go however.

Comment

im not sure i understand what ur saying but ill give it a shot...

im using the new EPC pro valve made by canton racing for the accusump that activated when oil pressure drops below 35-40 psi

Our products solve your engines' oil and cooling problems. Improve your engines oil pressure, oil temperature, and coolant system with Canton Racing Products.

a manual valve wouldn't be completely what i am looking for... with the electric valve wired to an in cab switch that's fed from ignition power source i can pre-charge my system with oil before cranking it by flipping the switch on in ignition mode... then while the engine is running the accusump will refill itself till full and be pressurized to whatever my oil pressure was at the time until my oil pressure drops below 35-40 psi. When it drops below said amount of pressure the accusump EPC valve will open releasing up to 3 liters of pressurized oil straight into my engine to prevent the engine being starved of oil (30-60 seconds depending on RPM i was told)... a manual valve will only work for pre-charging the system before start up unless i have one mounted in cab and can flip it on fast enough when i see the light pop on in the oil pressure gauge on the cluster...

regarding protecting the accusump im not sure what ur getting at. I'm just asking these oil pressure questions because i was talked into getting the 35-40 psi valve from the tech guys at canton racing over the 25-30psi valve... i want to be able to have the switch on all the time but what i dont want is to be below 35-40psi at warm idle so the electric valve opens and before i know it i have 3 extra liters of oil in my pan... that wont go over well... I am in the middle of planning an LED to show when the electronic valve opens but havent got that going yet... i have a lighted switch to tell me the accusump has power now i need a warning light letting me know its been activated and is pumping oil through my engine so i can pull the heck over and shut down the motor...

Comment

The manual valve accusump when activated is on the all the time. Whenever there is oil pressure fluctuation, like 20->40 psi or 80->60->80 psi, no matter, the piston inside the accusump moves, therefore it wears more, theoretically speaking.

The EPC version is on only below certain pressure, let say below 40 psi. So above 40 psi, it remain shut and stationary, and ergo no accusump movement and less wear.

Oh now I get your concern. But I think if you get a 40 psi EPC valve and your idle is 20 psi, the oil in the accusump will still inside the tank, right? The pressure just falls to 20 psi like the motor idling and the EPC valve is open until pressure go back to 40 psi? I thought accusump instruction is to precharge the air to 15 psi?

Comment

ahhh yes i do understand what u were getting at now and why they want you to use an electric valve or manual valve... i never thought u could use it without a valve of some sorts cause they didnt list that as an option... what will happen based on my convo with the tech guys at canton racing is that if the pressure drops below 35-40 psi, if i have the switch on in the cab, it will start feeding the engine with the oil it holds... the pressure inside the accusump will be higher then the oil pressure in the engine at that point... it will only pump until the oil pressure sensor sees the oil pressure come back above 40 psi then it will shut the valve after refilling itself... i think... lol

Comment

i believe my idle with my tomei pump to be around 4bar... but my old a$$ stock million year old oil pressure sensor on the engine sometimes reads lower like 2 bar so i now have a new stock pressure sensor and that should solve that problem... if i have to turn the switch on when driving hard then i'll just have to do that but i'd like it to be on all the time just in case there is a problem and i lose oil pressure... basically if warm idle is below 35-40psi that sucks and i should have got the 25-30 psi valve instead...

Comment

Working...
            X