Help!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!!!

I'm not sure if this is in the right section or not, but I am in need of advice. I am in the process of disassembling my motor and have hit a stumbling block. I am having a really hard time removing my cas. I have removed the three bolts holding it on, but can not get the thing to even rotate. Am I missing something here? I have beat on it with a hammer and pried on it. I really don't want to damage anything.

just pull straight out no twisting or anything involved.

Comment

Get two flat head screwdrivers under the lip one on each side and instead of prying twist the screwdrivers
      - Adam

:
      http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

Originally posted by amnash View Post
        Get two flat head screwdrivers under the lip one on each side and instead of prying twist the screwdrivers
        I tried something similar to this. Only one side has enough of a gap to stick a screw driver under. An when I tried this, I broke the head off one. That's when I stopped and thought I must be missing something

Comment

If it wont spin its stuck to the rubber gasket on the front cover. Can you take the bolts out of the front cover and pull it forward with the sensor still attached. Then remove the cas on the bench

Comment

Originally posted by nismo-152 View Post
            If it wont spin its stuck to the rubber gasket on the front cover. Can you take the bolts out of the front cover and pull it forward with the sensor still attached. Then remove the cas on the bench
            I will attempt this tonight. Just to be sure though, there are only the 5 Allen head bolts holding it on correct? I'm in the United States, and replacements for broken parts are hard to come by. Five bolts are removed, the cover should pull forward with ease?

Comment

Yeah thats right 5 allen bolts. It should slide forward. The cas is only lightly engaged into the cam.

Comment

That gasket piece makes it hard to set CAS sometimes. It's worth it to replace that gasket.
                RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
                X