Maf voltage issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maf voltage issues?

Hello, I have a r32 gtr. I am Beginning the tuning process with nistune. I noticed at idle the Maf voltages go from .8 to 1.2-1.4 volts while idle hunting. For example Maf one will read .8 while the other reads 1.2 and vice versa. Never the same. Not sure if the idle hunt is causing that or something else. Car has z32 mafs (which for some reason nistune gives an option for but shows an error whenever they're selected).

When I unplug the mafs the car idles perfectly at 1200 rpm and runs smoothly. Which makes me think something to do with them is screwed up. And the car leans itself as its revved aswell.

Assuming the mafs are the issue would cleaning them help? I purchased them off of someone on here claiming to be working, but we all know how that goes.

Thanks in advance

02 sensors (lean, rich) , idle stabilisation (ignition timing, + or - 5 degrees or so) = idle rpm going up, down and MAF voltage fluctuating.
    Last edited by Skym; 05-30-2015, 04:24 AM.
    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

O2 sensors are unplugged and tuned out

Comment

If not that, then the Z32 MAF's could be copies / fake. Look for Nissan logo on the housing, look of sticker, look of the hotwire sensor, which from what I can remember are the differences between real, fake Z32 MAF's.
        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

How did you do that reading? I was watching a youtube vid, that you stick a paper clip on either wire while its pluged in the sensor, but I am unsure if its ok do so on skylines...

Comment

Using nistune you can see all the values. I'm sure there are other ways aswell

Comment

Working...
            X