Question about new rear quarter panels for R32 GTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about new rear quarter panels for R32 GTR

Hey just curious, but does anybody have a set of genuine rear quarters I know its a shot in the dark but worth a try haha. Or do you guys think Nissan will still have some? Or anywhere else I would be able to get them. Also if nissan would have them what is the average cost? My gtr has quite the bit of rust around the rear window trim and I'm just wondering if I should get new ones and just replace the quarters overall.

Thanks guys!
    91'- GTR - SOLD
    94'- GTR

Quarter panels aren't bolt on bolt off parts. You'd have to cut your skin off and paste a new one on. That's A LOT of work. You should just fix it the good old Greater Toronto Way. A can of fiberglass bondo and body filler. Especially if it's not a lot of rust or if it's just surface, no point going through the expense / hassle of quarter panel replacing.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroTo100 View Post
      Quarter panels aren't bolt on bolt off parts. You'd have to cut your skin off and paste a new one on. That's A LOT of work. You should just fix it the good old Greater Toronto Way. A can of fiberglass bondo and body filler. Especially if it's not a lot of rust or if it's just surface, no point going through the expense / hassle of quarter panel replacing.
      Haha I am well aware of what I need to do if I would be replacing both quarter panels, the rust is pretty bad. That's why I am thinking of going this route instead. Might as well get it done right the first time, cars getting repainted next year anyway. But something to consider forsure.
      91'- GTR - SOLD
      94'- GTR

Comment

There's more than one "right" way to fix it. Honestly, if you want the car to really last you, you should give it to someone and make them fiberglass and resin it. If they grind it down, and use the REAL fiberglass strands, mixed with resin, and do it right, GUARANTEED 5 to 7 years. Replacing the QP's with metal again, there's no guarantee it will last. If it's not welded correctly in any spot, and water hits it, it wont take more than 2-3 years to come back. But that's just my 2 cents!

Comment

I was thinking of replacing the rear quarters in my car, and using GTR r32 ones to widen the 4 door (some obvious work needed at the door seam.)

Wouldn't using an epoxy to bond the new panel on work much better then welding? ( a lot of cars are epoxy "welded" these days)

From my initial inquires you're looking at about $500 a panel plus shipping.
          The Evil 4 Door

Nissan Skyline GTS-4 Sedan

RB-Technology™: .god сяэaтєd тнє dєvil тнєп gavє нім aп яв.

Comment

If I we're you, I'd tack weld it on, grind the tacks smooth and fiberglass it together. I did a GC8 with a widebody like that, it held really nicely and it had an "OEM" finish to it.

I chopped my front end of my Skyline GT-R (the front was crunched from an accident) and the guy tacked it and used Epoxy. **** was ripping off Left and Right.

IMO, only use epoxy (J.B Weld) on plastic pieces. It works really well on that sorta stuff.

Comment

Working...
            X