No announcement yet.

What do you guys think of the rust and how should I go about fixing it? r32 gtr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think of the rust and how should I go about fixing it? r32 gtr

Last edited by Ho-Sik; 09-01-2017, 05:26 PM.
    91'- GTR - SOLD
    94'- GTR

Honestly the rust is probably under the rear window and possibly going inside behind your trim as well. The rear glass will almost certainly have to come out. If you don't want to cut or remove anything you're just going to have to wire wheel the **** out of it till all the rust is gone then repaint properly but I don't know if you'll get away with that without adding holes.

The rear seal which you'll need to replace(cause I doubt you'll get the window out without damaging it) is like 300-400$ canadian I dunno how much the windshield is.

Comment

Originally posted by rvander1992 View Post
      Honestly the rust is probably under the rear window and possibly going inside behind your trim as well. The rear glass will almost certainly have to come out. If you don't want to cut or remove anything you're just going to have to wire wheel the **** out of it till all the rust is gone then repaint properly but I don't know if you'll get away with that without adding holes.

The rear seal which you'll need to replace(cause I doubt you'll get the window out without damaging it) is like 300-400$ canadian I dunno how much the windshield is.
      Yeah I looked behind the rear wells and I see rust going down the seals, I just want to slow the rust down till I can afford to do a big job. Shitty this is a common spot on r32's haha.
      91'- GTR - SOLD
      94'- GTR

Comment

Working...
      X