RB25 Series I & II Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RB25 Series I & II Turbo

Does anybody know what the differences are between a series I RB25 turbo and a series II?

I tried searching and came up with nothing.

Thanks guys :-D
    91 GTST Type M

i belive the series two turbos are ball bearing with steel wheels and came on the r34 non gtr's.the series one came on the r33 rb25. to my knowlage that is correct.

Comment

i don't think so. I have a neo 25 from a r34 gtt and it is not ball bearing. I'm pretty sure if the series 2 is not the same as the neo ones, i believe the difference between the neo's and the other is a stronger reinforced wastegate possibly.
      1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

Series I and Series II are both in the R33 GTS-t.

The main difference is the coil packs, and ignition harness are different between the 2.

RB25 Neo is Series III
        The Evil 4 Door

Nissan Skyline GTS-4 Sedan

RB-Technology™: .god сяэaтєd тнє dєvil тнєп gavє нім aп яв.

Comment

edit: i'm a tool, read the thread wrong, never mind
          90 Nissan GTS-t Type M
          Originally posted by DrMango
          Your past girl friends must have really skewed your idea of what "tight" is.

Comment

Yea i have a Neo turbo and it is ball bearing,i know the some of the 25's were not ball bearing but mine is and i was told the series two's were that is what made them slightly more difficult to get.

Comment

Originally posted by skyline_steve View Post
              Yea i have a Neo turbo and it is ball bearing,i know the some of the 25's were not ball bearing but mine is and i was told the series two's were that is what made them slightly more difficult to get.
              Well i have a Neo, and its not a ball bearing. the neos aren't ball bearing. So i'd love to know where you acquired your mystical turbo.
              There were some N1s that were i believe, but i think thats GTRs
              1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

I will gladly inform you on where i have acquired my mystical turbo from.
                it was japan and then shipped here all before i bought it from a member on the board.it was a long trip and it saw lots of sites and heard lots of sounds,infacted it has a blog to tell its tale of the journey it went on.
                sorry i will let the turbo speak for its self on its site.
                anyways yes its ball bearing.

btw my turbo doesnt have a blog just so no one goes searching.

Comment

if your NEO RB25 turbo isn't ball bearing then it isn't a NEO RB25 turbo...

might be a R33 RB25 turbo... check the part numbers in FAST and you will know..
                  The Evil 4 Door

Nissan Skyline GTS-4 Sedan

RB-Technology™: .god сяэaтєd тнє dєvil тнєп gavє нім aп яв.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jay- View Post
                    Does anybody know what the differences are between a series I RB25 turbo and a series II?

I tried searching and came up with nothing.

Thanks guys :-D

Both are Ball bearing but there are some differences

R33 RB25 Turbos
                    Both have ceramic exhaust wheel (can shatter if it gets to hot. ie boost)
                    SII turbo has a nylon compressor wheel
                    SI has a steel compressor wheel

R34 RB25 Turbo
                    same as SII R33 turbo except it has a larger exhaust housing.

The R33 SII turbo is the most responsive due to the nylon wheel, but the R34 turbo will make more power due to the larger exhaust housing

cheers
                    Skyline Specs, Tuning Guides, and more
                    nissanskyline.6te.net

Comment

I know im reviving this thread but quick question! Since the s2 turbo is nylon wouldnt it make it more fragile to higher boost levels?
                      92,94,95 Honda Civic
                      92,92,93 Nissan Skyine GTS-T
                      91 Nissan Skyline GTR
                      92,93 Nissan 180sx
                      90,91,91,92,93,93 Nissan 240sx
                      89 Nissan Silvia

Comment

Holy thread revival but the answer is yes. Here is something Skym post in one of my thread

Turbo identification:
                        S1 rb25 is branded 45v1 and uses a ceramic exhaust and steel turbine wheels.
                        S2 rb25 is branded 45v2 on the turbine housing and 4iu on the exhaust housings and uses ceramic exhaust wheel with a nylon compressor wheel.
                        Rb25 neo #1 is branded 45v2 on the turbine housing and op6 on the exhaust housing and uses ceramic exhaust wheel and a nylon compressor wheel. (same as a s2 rb25 turbo but with a bigger Exhaust housing).
                        Rb25 neo turbo #2 is branded Garret on the turbine housing and is steel exhaust and turbine wheels.
                        And if u happen to come across one branded 45v4 that is a vg30det turbo there is an earlier model with ceramic wheels and roller bearings, and a later model which uses steel wheels and ball bearing.
                        S1 and rb20: capable of 14psi safely
                        S2 and neo #1: capable of 12 psi due to the nylon wheel
                        Neo#2 and vg30det(later model): capable of what ever u want throw at them I'd imagine due to steel wheels but don't know when they run out of efficiency.

Comment

Wasn't me that posted that, it was someone else.
                          RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Lol that was me ages ago, thanks for the credit skym

Comment

Working...
                            X