Clutch/ Transmission?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch/ Transmission?

Hey guys I just put a new competition clutch put in my car. I was driving it the other day when i came off the light i shifted from frist to second, then tried to shift into third and it went into neutral and just seized up. The clutch is fully pressured up not air bubbles. The slave cylinder is fully extending and not leaking. When the car is shut off it goes into all gears no problems. When th car is running I push the clutch in and try to put it in gear but just wont go. no grinding or anything. Just seeing if anyone has some ideas. Thanks for the help

sorry if this sounds stupid but did u remember to fill the tranny with fluid? When we blew a tranny in my buddies honda it did the same thing once all the fluid was gone.

Comment

do this on flat ground

start the car, ebrake off
      push clutch in and try to force it into first or second.
      If it wont go into gear you bent the fork or broke the pivot, both of which can be inspected with a flash light when you remove the rubber boot.

If it does go in still check the same pieces

Comment

if at pivot was gone i don't think he would have any pedal feel?

Comment

OK well its pretty dark out right now to check the oil. im going to do it in the morning when i can see better. But i took it for a little drive and im able to shift without the clutch smoothly but when i use the clutch it gets stuck in neutral. dose this help any?

Comment

And alos when opening the top do you open it by removing the snap right and pulling the actual shifter out? or remove the 4 bolts ontop?

Comment

no he means the rubber boot on the side of the tranny where the clutch fork is, near where the fork meets the slave

Comment

Working...
              X