GTR bumper on GTS Fenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTR bumper on GTS Fenders

I hear the GTR bumper doesn't fit very well on the GTS fenders.

How bad is the fitment?? anyone have pictures??

Can i pull the fenders out a bit to fit it better?

Search forum, has been talked about before with photo's, etc. From what I understand, have to mount bumper slightly forward (can't remember if it was drilling bumper mounts 10mm or 20 mm forward of stock position) if using stock GTS bumper iron. Why, because top edges of bumper can stick into wheel arch by 10mm to 20mm or so if you don't.

Probably best to measure the difference in mm of bumper mount locations (holes) between GTS, GTR bumper when you have the GTR front bumper.

I think it helps to have GTR bumper iron as well as GTR front bumper.
    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

I'm going to be making a Custom bumper Bar using Tubing. shouldn't be to bad to fit. I tried searching. I'll try again. thanks.

Comment

I was wrong on measurements.

They say you need to use GTR front bumper iron and move bumper (I presume holes) around 12mm forward to avoid the top edges of both sides of front bumper poking into wheel arches.

From what I can remember it was mentioned in this "R32 pix only" thread below. I think was installed on a blue 4 door R32 (post number 2110 in this link below) if you want to confirm the amount of mm -

To save you searching forum, the photo's of R32 GTR front bumper poking into engine bay are in 89Baysideblue's build thread on page 4 -

Long story short I have a tire test coming up for an article, bunch of tires and don't have the option of swapping all these sets on to my wheels over and over So if you have some spares OR are looking for tires, we should talk. Hit me up on PM.

Here's the post (no 33) showing the R32 GTR front bumper poking into wheel arch -

Yeah was putting along the 401 on my way back from a call. Got further away and saw the fire in the rear view did not know what it was so kept on going then got this over the news WHITBY The eastbound lanes of Highway 401 in Whitby, Ont., have re-opened following a fiery fatal crash just before midnight. Witnesses say a
        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Looks like it really doesn't fit that bad. I'm going to be using a Fibreglass replica GTR bumper anyways so I'm sure i can make it fit decent.

this is going onto a drift car so I don't really care if it looks "a little" funny.

Thanks for help Skym, your posts as always are very informative.

Have a good day.

Comment

Mine looked like this, go to the facebook album here to see other angles:
            Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

I also PM'd you something quick as well about my fitment.
            DISCLAIMER: If any of the above comments in this post hurt your feelings you are likely taking me too seriously; I'm probably just busting your balls. If you're unsure, feel free to PM me and we can discuss the matter privately, as to not pull the thread OT.

Comment

I didn't have too many issues when installing mine and used some shims for getting bumper to line up with fenders.

[/QUOTE]

Comment

^^^ Lol if I pulled into a curb like that my bumper would be history haha. Can't wait to raise that sucker.

Are you rocking without a lip? It appears so.
                DISCLAIMER: If any of the above comments in this post hurt your feelings you are likely taking me too seriously; I'm probably just busting your balls. If you're unsure, feel free to PM me and we can discuss the matter privately, as to not pull the thread OT.

Comment

I have R34 GTR front end conversion done, so I guess its possible
                  '94 White Nissan Skyline R33 - HKS Tuned.. (SOLD)

tune2mod.com

Comment

^^ Relevance is key.

How does this guy help with his questions about his R32 GTR bumper on his R32 GTS-t...? We all know it's possible champ.

Also where did you get the conversion done? I was under the understanding that there were only a handful of R32's converted in Canada... two reside in BC and one in AB. I'd love to see some pics to compare....

Comment

fitment is easy, just need gtr rebar

you can also see it sticking out like 1 inch after the front fender

R33 Skyline GTR VSPEC (White)
                      R32 Skyline GTS-T (Ztune Silver) - Sold

Comment

You don't need a GTR rebar. It's nice to have one, but it's cheaper/easier to just cut the GTS one.

GTR fenders will work with the GTR bumper for a proper fit, with GTS fenders you'll see that 1/2" intrusion.

Overall, I've got mine and Polak's to fit very well.

Comment

i had the original N1 bumper and re-bar which helped a great deal.

R33 Skyline GTR VSPEC (White)
                          R32 Skyline GTS-T (Ztune Silver) - Sold

Comment

I will be going with a Custom Tube Rebar. Thanks for help guys. I'll post some Before and after pictures of my car soon.

I smacked her into a wall going pretty fast, I remember I was top of 3rd gear. haha...

Rebuild is coming great though!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snow View Post
                              ^^^ Lol if I pulled into a curb like that my bumper would be history haha. Can't wait to raise that sucker.

Are you rocking without a lip? It appears so.
                              Still searching for a lip Alot harder to find then I thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X