18 year old skline newbie. First car gts-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 year old skline newbie. First car gts-4

My gts-4 is 90% stock. Just have 3" exhaust with 4" muffler and ts grid dancer. i was wondering what things are a must. Im planning on getting a turbo timer, boost and pyrometer gauge. Cause of now i idle there till i think it bout time. What are some other good things to do???

well the basic's.
    change all fluids.
    check spark plugs / coil pack's
    check the ecu for no errors.
    its also good to check what octane petrol you ecu has been tuned for .
    etc.

other wise if you car is running and handling mint and you want to start doing performance upgrades there's no "fundamental stuff" really , it depends what you want .
    good choice on the HNR32 . IMO to keep it chassis specific id grab a full gasket kit and change them all keep that powerhouse 20 happy and think about swapping in a GTR tranny sometime in the future. oh and a new clutch never hurt any one.
    \pics are a must.
    Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

After service :-

Deatschwerks 550cc injectors for RB20DET -

Add 255lph Nismo fuelpump (comes with everything you need and is bolt on) or Bosch 040 or 044 fuelpump (need to rewire pump, etc to suit and need new O ring seal from Nissan for plastic housing where 040 fuel pump is mounted). O ring seal should come with Nismo fuelpump, so don't need to buy it from Nissan. Also fuelpump should have new sock filter.

Bosch 040 or 044 fuelpump -

快三彩票平台首页是拥有强大互联网基础的领先AI公司。是全球为数不多的提供AI芯片、软件架构和应用程序等全栈AI技术的公司之一,被国际机构评为全球四大AI公司之一。百度以“用科技让复杂的世界更简单”为使命,坚持技术创新,致力于“成为最懂用户,并能帮助人们成长的全球顶级高科技公司”。

Add 480hp 80mm Z32 MAF from 300ZX (or 700hp 90mm Ford Lightning MAF), Nistune for stock RB20DET ECU that allows you to make changes to ECU tune anytime you want via laptop, cable, consult diagnostic plug under dash.

Talk to Ztune for Nistune -

Should be up roughly 248rwhp max (pull 4wd fuse under dash for 2wd dyno) with those mods when stock turbo is boosted up.

Also upgraded clutch to handle the hp.

Parts for engine reliability, Tomei or ACL 1.2mm, 80mm bore headgasket, ARP headstuds, Nissan repair gasket kit for RB20DET, new intake manifold, exhaust manifold studs.
      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

i also do fuel filter and depending on KM's timming belt and tensioner pulleys, and while thats out do the waterpump also.

Comment

Yup these boyz nailed it on the head, one thing I would add is if you got the time get a mechanic to check out for tie rods,suspension. Or yourself if your a DIY kinda guy. Maybe some skyline buddies to help you out. I went with a Hicas lockbar as soon as I got my car so I didnt run into Hicas problems.
          Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

Thanks guys. I will start on that. The hicas light is coming on. So im assuming something is wrong with it? I just took some pics but i need to find the cord

Comment

Theres alot of good thread on Gtrc with trouble shooting and easy fixes for Hicas. My short story for Hicas is that I dont need rear wheel toeing "in or out" so I just got rid of it via lockbar, new tie rods and replumb on power steering line. There could be several reason why its coming on. If Its not effecting your steering, besides the anyoning light its not that bad. I would try the DIY section and tune -up section here. Good luck man and welcome to GTRC!
              Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

lockout bar..hicas licks ass 150 bucks for predictable steering :P

Comment

im personally a big fan of hicas ,just got to make sure everything is in working order(duh)and ull be set, i think i might up grade to the new systems its supposed to be an easy task and ive seen plenty of wreaked g35's so well see.
                  Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

I like the hicas as well. The light comes on only some times. Does that only mean its not working when the lights on. I have taken some 50-55 kph turns or something like that and really been surprised on how well it cornered. So im thinking it does work at times. Can you steal the hicas system from g35's?

Comment

HICAS is there to reduce or eliminate understeer on tight 90 degree corners, as they show this in the R32 skyline catalogue. Good in theory bad in practice, as rear can step out when exiting corner if steering wheel is not straight.

Removed HICAS rack and fitted HICAS lockbar + arms, replumbed hoses to HICAS rack on my car. Then eliminated the understeer. Bigger rear swaybar solves understeer problem.

First thing you notice without HICAS is car feels really stable in the rear of car on motorway. Rear wheels have more grip when cornering and can exit corners way faster without rear stepping out due to higher grip levels.
                      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Hey guys im also a newbie and i was just wondering how often you guys do your tune ups?? And what type of gas is recommended???

Comment

highestoctane is best to run.
                          when i first got mine i did fuel filter oil change plugs and air filter.

if you dont know when the timing belt was done i would also change that along with the tensioner bearings. and while your at it and have the extra cash the water pump is also a good idea, saves taking it apart to do it.

Comment

Ok thanks ya da water pumps were done recently same with the belts ill start doing the spark plugs and oil change or just maybe take it to takeda and do an overall check

Comment

i need new side axles for both front. any one know what i can use. maxima?

Comment

Working...
                              X