GTR brakes vs GTS-T brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTR brakes vs GTS-T brakes

So I was looking at buying GTR calipers and rotors and stainless steel brake lines. I was under the impression that GTS brakes were 2 pistons in the front and 1 in the back but as I later found out (when i was checking out a squeak in the brakes) that the GTS calipers are 4 pistons in the front and 2 in the back.

And the GTR brakes are 4 and 2 as well. So my question is it really worth upgrading from GTS brakes to GTR brakes?

Is the only difference between the GTR brakes and the GTS brakes the size of the rotors?
    '91 Black GTS-T

No, The gtr brake's have larger pistons and the caliper it self is physically larger.
    What that means is there is more clamping force spread out over a greater area on the rotor,and also larger rotors of course, the r33 gts-t also used the same brakes as non v-spec r32gtr's all around great upgrade for a budget minded individual
    Heartless(skylineless) for now:
    08 tundra 5.7,6" lift, M/T baja atz 35",20" driv moonshine,araid CAI, soon to be blown!!
    02 cavalier z24 with one hell of a stereo

Comment

4 pot front, 2 pot rear brakes are found on R32 GTS-T Type-M. Normal R32 GTS-T has same brakes as GTS from memory.

R32 GTR front rotors are 296mm vs 280mm on R32 GTS-T. GTR front calipers, front rotors are a bolt on mod. You'll notice the stone sheild behind R32 GTS-T Type-M front rotors are bigger (designed to be used with 296mm rotors).

Rear rotors, etc should be the same diameter as R32 GTR.

Calipers are different (I think rib look for R32 GTS-T vs no rib look for R32 GTR).
      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Really, the thing you should upgrade instead of going with bigger brake, you should only put really good pad, like hawk hp+ for street if you dont mind the squeal and dust, if you do, you might want to look into hawk hps.

If it's for trackdays, hawk also make more of a track only pad, hawk blue, ht-10,ht-14, dtc-30, dtc-60,dtc-70.

I am a direct dealer with hawk, and we are using all the pads on our racing type-r, the bitch(civic sir in gtsprint), my skyline, and our evo x.

Another thing that ou might want to look into is the brake fluid, you can have dot 4 ate superblue that is going to be perfect for street and light track days, if you boiled them, motul has the rbf600 and the rbf660 but they are more expensive.

So if you are not looking to do trackdays, good street pads and brake fluid could be enough like the hawk hps.Also you don't want to put cross-drilled or slotted rotors.Drilled rotors will cracked under heavy application in between the hole, and you loose friction since there is less pad on rotor than plain rotors because of the hole.

Slotted rotor are good because you are taking off the dust made by the pad, but you are also limiting the brake pad lifetime, because it is like every time you are passing a knife on top of the pad when braking.

I run hawk hp+ with plain brembo on my gts-t for lapping night and on big track day i run dtc-60 in front and hawk hp+ in the back, i only switch the front pads.

So like i said before going bigger brake, you might want to try other brake pad.

EBC are good pads too, but the thing i dont like with them, they make more noise and dust than hawk and are relatively more expensive.

If you have any question regarding brake set up you can pm me.
        Alexandre Canuel
        PERRY AUTO LAVAL
        PERFORMANCE & RACE- OEM
        REPLACEMENT
        450 662 8886

Comment

sorry to revive an old thread

What is the difference between say GTR brakes and GTS4 brakes?
          Currently rollin' in a 1997 Nissan 240sx こうき

The artist formally known as Cory Scheuer

Comment

Gts4 are gtst same thing bro

MODEL SIZE TYPE
            R32 T 280mm x 26mm (single pot sumitomo caliper)
            R32 GTS-T (early) 280mm x 26mm (single pot sumitomo caliper)
            R32 GTS-T type m 280mm x 30mm (4 pot sumitomo caliper)
            R32 GTR 296mm x 32mm (4 pot sumitomo caliper)
            R32 GTR VSPEC 324mm x 30mm (4 pot brembo caliper)
            R33 GTS-25 280mm x 26mm (single pot sumitomo caliper)
            R33 GTS-4 280mm x 26mm (single pot sumitomo caliper)
            R33 GTS-25T 296mm x 30mm (4 pot sumitomo caliper)
            R33 GTR 324mm x 32mm (4 pot brembo caliper)
            R33 GTR VSPEC 324mm x 30mm (4 pot brembo caliper)
            R34 GT 296mm x 30mm (4 pot sumitomo caliper)
            R34 GTT 310mm x 30mm (4 pot sumitomo caliper)
            R34 GTR 324mm x 32mm (4 pot brembo caliper)
            Z32 NA 280mm x 26mm (4 pot sumitomo caliper)
            Z32 TT 280mm x 30mm (4 pot ali sumitomo caliper)
            S14, S15 280mm x 30mm (4 pot sumitomo caliper)

R32 GTST
            Master Cylinder diam (mm) 25.4 area 506.71mm²
            Front Caliper Piston(diam x qty) 40.4×4 = 5127.58mm²
            Front rotors (diam x thk) 280×30
            Rear Caliper Piston(diam x qty) 38.18×2 = 2289.78mm² ratio FR = 2.239
            Mounting Hole Diameter Approx 4.5 inches
            Rear Rotors (diam x thk) 297×18
            Total area 7417.36mm²
            Brake to master ratio 14.63

R33 GTST

Master Cylinder diam (mm) 23.8 444.88mm²
            Front rotors (diam x thk) 296×30
            Rear Caliper Piston(diam x qty) 38.18×2 = 2289.78mm² ratio FR = 2.239
            Total area 7417.36mm²
            Brake to master ratio 16.67

R32 GTR (Non V-Spec)

Master Cylinder diam (mm) 25.4 area 506.71mm²
            Front rotors (diam x thk) 296×32
            Rear Caliper Piston(diam x qty) 38.18×2 = 2289.78mm²

R32 GTR V-Spec / R33 / 34 GTR with Brembos

Master Cylinder diam (mm) 26.9 568.32mm²
            Front Caliper Piston(diam x qty) (44+3Cool×2 ... leading pistons smaller then trailing 5309.29mm²
            Front rotors (diam x thk) 324×30
            Rear Caliper Piston(diam x qty) 40×2 2513.27mm² ratio FR = 2.1125

Comment

Wow man! great info!! thanks!

Comment

funny thing is turbo Nissan stagea, cefiro and laurel all. get crappy 2 pot fronts and single pot rears even though they share the skyline platform. best bang for buck is the r33 setup

Comment

yea they did the same with the 240s... same everything... cept they gave **** brakes... you would think that they would save money on R&D etc to use brakes etc from other cars... makes no sense... oh well at least its all interchangeble

Comment

3000 gt vr4 disc and bings caliper's relocalisation kit is the way to if you want better brakes....I have one on my sedan

Comment

iam running z32tt caps on my rb25 s13 swap. I need moar brakes as they are predictable, but not lifechanging stopping power. I need some r34 caps.

Comment

GTR brakes vs GTS-T brakes

Do you want a better Brembo brake upgrade than the Skyline GTR Brembo brakes for around the same price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

Working...
                        X