Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I went on vacation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I went on vacation

    So yeah I already know I am an idiot......
    I went on vacation and hid my skyline key, my only skyline key. The problem is now i cant find it. My dog trashed the house while my friend was watching him so I honestly have no idea where it could be. So what are my options? I am going to see a locksmith tomorrow

  • #2
    pop the lock with a window shiv like towtruck drivers do. Then pull off the drivers doorcard and pop out the door handle couple 10 mm bolts I think the lock cylinder should have numbers on it and you can get a key cut from that.
    1/1_Scale
    パーソナリティは、1つを得る

    Comment


    • #3
      check the dog poo
      1966 Pontiac Beaumont | 1972 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-X | 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-T Type-M
      1991 Toyota Celsior C-Type Supercharged | 1991 Toyota Cressida | 2008 GMC Acadia

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Boyscout View Post
        check the dog poo
        best bet imo
        sigpic

        [links to all chapters in first post]

        Comment


        • #5
          LOL!

          5 characters
          -= ECU UPGRADES =- -= LOCKOUT BARS =- -= AERO =- -= SEATS =- -= ACCESSORIES =-

          -= PM ME FOR INFO =-

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by frankiman View Post
            best bet imo
            yeah. i was serious. dogs think keys are toys because they jingle. before you know it they have eaten them

            1966 Pontiac Beaumont | 1972 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-X | 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-T Type-M
            1991 Toyota Celsior C-Type Supercharged | 1991 Toyota Cressida | 2008 GMC Acadia

            Comment


            • #7
              My dogs deaf. yeah im not doing the poo thing. I went to the locksmith today they quoted me 150 if i brought in the ignition so looks like thats what im doing tonight

              Comment


              • #8
                check the land mines in the yard left by the dog..lol

                Comment


                • #9
                  $150 is steep.

                  even when I bring in a key cyl to get a new key made its only $35
                  I pay like $17 if I give him the number of the driver side key cyl.

                  I would remove the door handle with key cyl and all and just take that with you. like mentioned above. The number on the cyl is all they need really but depending on the year of skyline sometimes the number wont match the info in the book they look in. Had that happen to me a couple times. last Nissan Laurel key I tried to cut, the number didnt work so I just took him the pass side door handle as its less used. Got a key built for the $35 and worked perfect!

                  Or call around more as that price prob includes their friday afternoon beer fund
                  ALLEN PETERSEN
                  Number (604) 961-2449
                  4XTOYS/ Lower Mainland Skyline Service and aftermarket RB parts.
                  RB30`s for sale!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X